PDA

View Full Version : Shore fishing around Wetaskiwin

kobra
05-27-2019, 12:10 PM
I'm looking to get my son out for some fishing, as he's getting interested in it, and hoping to find a new place I can fish from the shore or bridge around the Wetaskiwin area.

I've read that Coal Lake isn't too bad, or the Leduc trout pond and assume that Pidgeon Lake wouldn't be bad? I'm just hoping to get somewhere I can easily get to on foot. The type of fish isn't really important as we'll be just catch n' releasing.

Any help/advice/opinions of a place to go is appreciated! Thx

Talking moose
05-27-2019, 12:20 PM
Right now go to edberg bridge. About 45 min from Wetaskiwin. Loaded with pike. Might be slowing down now but about 10 days ago people were catching on every second cast. Great way to introduce kids to fishing.

Talking moose
05-27-2019, 12:21 PM
It’s the east end of dried meat lake. Where the hiway crosses.

Talking moose
05-27-2019, 12:23 PM
Dried meat lake is straight south of Camrose. People do alright at tillicum beach as well. Right off the rocks. Tillicum is roughly the middle north part of the lake.

Krasch
05-27-2019, 08:35 PM
I have had luck fishing from shore on Coal lake along the south berm by the spillway. But you must do so before the weeds become an issue, which is usually fairly early (July). Won’t catch anything big but should keep your son entertained.

kobra
05-28-2019, 08:47 AM
Thx both of you! I haven't even heard of DML, seems like a nice lake, and not too far of a drive. I'll try out Coal Lake on the south side too.

338Bluff
05-28-2019, 09:45 PM
Thx both of you! I haven't even heard of DML, seems like a nice lake, and not too far of a drive. I'll try out Coal Lake on the south side too.

You can also fish the boat launch, jetty, and shore at Tillicum Beach. Also on DML. Closer to you.

General Practitioner
05-29-2019, 12:32 PM
I've never tried it but they also stock By the Lake Park with trout most years. The side closest to the parking lot/playground is normally pretty busy but most of the lake can be accessed by following the walking trail around and then walking through a little bush