PDA

View Full Version : Gull lake water level & boat launch

Yogibear
05-27-2019, 03:54 PM
So.. Gull lake has been on its way down since they stopped pumping blindman river.. Where is the best launch to use? Stern Drive... I've used Sandypoint and its sketchy going thru that channel! bow load and need to leave leg almost in full trailer mode. thanks for any advice on a decent launch.

nick0danger
05-27-2019, 05:13 PM
well considering they have not pumped water into gull lake since 2011, it does not lose water that fast. If i remember correctly a bad year is a loss of 250mm or just less than a foot. MANY boats launched by Raymond shores including many big pontoons, none seemed to have trouble.

https://www.ponokanews.com/news/no-pumping-into-gull-lake-for-5-years-due-to-carp-concerns/

Krisrf
05-29-2019, 09:59 AM
I was at Gull yesterday and found the Westlake Road launch a bit shallow, but doable. I went up to RV Heaven and Marina but they lock the gates at 6 pm so for an afternoon fish that's almost useless. It's also very shallow up at RVHM so getting out of the marina can be challenging.

On a related topic (I think related), I noticed the east side of the lake to be incredibly muddy. As in even the spray from the motor had mud in it. I've never seen a lake quite like that before.

Yogibear
05-30-2019, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the info! Ill try the west side! I am sure they will get the sand filter in place this year and get the pump running again! hopefully. Dropping a foot a year at the worst is pretty bad! especially when your shoreline launches are all on 2-3 ft

old dog
05-30-2019, 06:44 PM
I was there yeasterday. The day use boat launch at Aspen beach is closed as the ramp is all silted in. The Brewers side of the same launch is not much better. I had to stay to the one side otherwise one wheel falls off and the other stays very high. Had to watch engine depth all along the dock as well. Never seen it this bad.