PDA

View Full Version : Hi Ho...Hi Ho...It is off to net perch I go...

Sundancefisher
07-02-2009, 05:48 PM
Yahoo fellow stampeders...

Who wants fresh perch for the barbeque this weekend?

Perch netting Sat 10 am...

Be there or be at the grounds :evilgrin:

Same place...same drill...and as always if you found an improvement is needed...don't be scared to ask :wave:

Also if anyone wants to get all the perch from a trap or two during the week I may be able to accommodate. You just need to provide 3 helpers and be willing to count perch...

Cheers

Sun

brook trout
07-02-2009, 05:52 PM
i dont get it. why are you netting so many perch?

jts1
07-02-2009, 06:43 PM
If you need a hand anytime just drop a pm I'm game

Sundancefisher
07-02-2009, 07:53 PM
i dont get it. why are you netting so many perch?

There is so much to say I am more obliged to suggest you look up all the previous posts on this subject.

but as Michelle things I am verbose...long story short.

Bad guys put perch in private trout lake

perch breed like crazed rabbits and take over lake cause nothing eats them fast enough.

perch stop growing after 5-6 inches

perch eat all trout food...trout very, very sad

only option...rotenone lake or intensively remove perch...can't put pike/walleye etc in lake...as it is illegal to transport live perch/pike.

Board votes to try netting.

hungry crazed perch bonkers from Alberta Outdoorsmen descend upon lake causing mass panic...perch is delicious and even small makes for great cheap tasty protein!!!!

<2 months later 30,000+ perch caught

~500,000 to 1,000,000 more to go..how many exactly...time will tell.

can't get em all but if we get enough the remaining perch will grow bigger

making for better angling for them thar perches

in a nutshell

Did I miss anything anybody??????

baitfisher83
07-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Why are you netting them again???lol

bowfin
07-02-2009, 08:11 PM
hey sun is the trout fishing getting better in the lake yet i hope all the people in that community appreciate all your hard work you are a man with a mission keep up the good work one of these days would like to bring my 2 girls 9 and 11 down just to help out and they can see all the fish :wave:

Sundancefisher
07-02-2009, 08:11 PM
Why are you netting them again???lol

I have a fish net stocking fetish. This is the closest I can get without the wife catching on...

WOW...this is now GOOGLE FAMOUS.

if you type in "perch netting" in Google...right now we are Number 3 and 4 on the search engine. For a two word search that is amazing.

you can also check out this site for more information...more detailed anyways. Could use a little revising now that the netting has been ongoing for 2 months now.

http://www.lakesundance.org/PDFs/Status%20of%20Yellow%20Perch%20in%20Lake%20Sundanc e%20and%20the%20Effects%20on%20Rainbow%20Trout%20F ishing.pdf

Cheers

baitfisher83
07-02-2009, 08:15 PM
lmao kickass......keep going for number one...

Sundancefisher
07-02-2009, 08:16 PM
lmao kickass......keep going for number one...

We are all number 1 and 2 on google for "perch bonking"

baitfisher83
07-02-2009, 08:18 PM
lol....well thats one way to get famous...

Jack&7
07-02-2009, 10:26 PM
What a concise explanation of the situation...complete with comedic touches (trout very, very sad):lol:

Unfortunately, I cannot make Saturday. But those perch from the other night cleaned up real nice! I think I have graduated to a Masters in Slicey-Dicey.

Wow....if only some pike and walleye "accidentally" fell into that lake...you would be living on the edge of Heaven, my good man!

jesse34567
07-02-2009, 11:28 PM
don't give me any ideas :evilgrin:

Sundancefisher
07-03-2009, 12:26 PM
What a concise explanation of the situation...complete with comedic touches (trout very, very sad):lol:

Unfortunately, I cannot make Saturday. But those perch from the other night cleaned up real nice! I think I have graduated to a Masters in Slicey-Dicey.

Wow....if only some pike and walleye "accidentally" fell into that lake...you would be living on the edge of Heaven, my good man!

Unfortunately a lake as small as ours could never support larger sport fish like pike and walleye. They breed slower and get caught faster. Not to mention illegal :rolleyes:

however...it will be very interesting to drop a camera down and see how many perch are swimming around in the middle. My gut says we removed 1/20 of the perch at the best...maybe 1/40 of them though.

I hope we catch enough that some of the perch start growing again for the winter ice fishing season!

michelle
07-03-2009, 03:04 PM
I could make my own video on cleaning perch now. I think I have carpal tunnel! Good times though. :D