PDA

View Full Version : snipe lake/east dollar

exportblue
07-02-2009, 06:48 PM
just wonder how the fishing is at snipe and what is the boat regs for the lake, i am guessing electric only. Also wondering how east dollar lake is right now. Any help would be nice thanks all

jrcw
07-02-2009, 10:40 PM
No motor restrictions on Snipe Lake. You wouldn't want to be out there with just an electric on some days! It's not that big, but it can get fairly rough in a good wind. Pike fishing is good. Caught a fat 38 incher there a couple weeks back. There's walleye in there, but they've never been my target species when I fish there so I've yet to catch one there myself. Perch fishing is decent there too.

Fished East Dollar for the first time about a month ago. Caught 4 or 5 rainbows in the 12-15 inch range in about 3 hours. It's real small, no real need for a boat. A canoe or small row-boat maybe. Stocked ponds aren't really my thing, but according to the forum here Swan Lake near Debolt has some bigger fish in it. Tight Lines!

exportblue
07-03-2009, 09:20 AM
thanks for the info, i have been to swan lots there is great fishing in there, 6 fish in hr trolling green flys. I have a buddy that wants to go to snipe but has 17 ft glastron, so i wasn't sure on the boating regs for that boat. You should try swan its great just don't eat the fish. lol great catch and release!!! thanks again

jrcw
07-03-2009, 04:53 PM
There's two boat launches that I know of on Snipe. You could launch a 17 ft fibreglass boatat either...IF you have four-wheel drive. If you're coming from GP, the closest one is not far off the Sunset House highway. Turn East at Sunset House (there is a sign saying Snipe Lake) and go about 3-4 km on the gravel and you'll see it on your left (North). This is the South end of the lake. The other launch is at the community campground at the north end of the lake. The launch there is rocky/muddy and uneven. The one at the south is a little better.

exportblue
07-03-2009, 07:11 PM
k thanks so is is deep enough for a inboard boat or no

jrcw
07-04-2009, 10:45 AM
Neither launch drops off real fast, but the one at the south end is a bit better than the one at the campground. Either one is do-able, you just might have to paddle out a bit before firing up the engine. Wind can be an issue as well.

exportblue
07-04-2009, 11:23 AM
k thanks must be a pretty big lake i guess.