PDA

View Full Version : Amisk Lake - Good Fishin'

Team Corn
07-02-2009, 09:23 PM
Hi y'all,

A few months back, I threw a few postings up asking if anyone's fished Amisk lake (near Boyle). There wasn't much response, and the one who did said it's an unproductive lake that's hard to fish.

After going there, I beg to differ. Me and my homie from the Hillside cabin were in about 12' of water, and could not keep them off the jigs. In a couple hours, I'd say we landed 30-40 fish - mostly walleye that would be keepers if there wasn't a zero limit. The pike were relatively small, but scrappie. We didn't snap any pictures, but trust me it was a good day of fishing!

Hillside out.

Re:Evil
08-20-2009, 11:44 AM
In case there wasn't enough believers out there, I'll confirm this. Every cast was a sure thing - like a real fishing show staring my homie an me. Begs the question, where were the cameras and production crew.

Hillside!

Izumi
08-20-2009, 12:27 PM
I'm not sure this surprises many here, there is just a short river connecting Long and Amisk and this is a similar report to the ones I have seen here about Long (good walleye/dink pike). Amisk is a lot different in depth, but the water in Amisk came from Long and Skeleton (and its own shed).

Look for reports from Long in the future its a far more popular lake having the PP campgrounds.

ScottM
06-01-2010, 04:08 PM
I have been out at Amisk for 15+ years now.

Fishing has declined from earlier years, but the lake is still a great producer for Walleye.

The lake has maintained a steady water level considering other around it. The toen of Boyle has been drawing from Skeleton for years now only aiding in its decline. You would be suprised to hear that Amisk has depths of 220' in some areas.

I am certain that a nearby reserve had been given the opportunity to net the lake during winter months. This has resulted in an immediate decline in populations of all fish species in the lake.

The 2010 has been opened to a walleye draw, but few tags were alotted. Talking to a few guys out there a few weeks back, the majority of the tags issued went to a single group of friends.

Let me know if anyone is up in the area, and I will offer up some hot spots in exchange for a few cold ones!

John.McGrath
06-21-2013, 02:06 PM
Hey Scott M if you are there, I would take you up on that few cold ones for a few hot spots....got a boat to take us out, you can be a professional guide for us. just in for the weekend in Edmonton visiting fishing buddies and looking for a place to go. best contact at JohnE.McGrath@yahoo.com.

Let me know if we get lucky and catch you on line.

iliketrout
06-21-2013, 03:14 PM
Don't hold your breath. ScottM's profile says he hasn't been online in 3 years...

pickrel pat
06-22-2013, 07:05 AM
Lol