PDA

View Full Version : Mount Robson / Yellowhead lake BC

-JR-
06-05-2019, 05:56 PM
Wife book a camp stall around Mount Robson for a week in July and I see they have a Lake called Yellowhead lake, but I can not find any info .
Has any one here , fished that area ,is it worth bring my big boat ,is there a deep boat launch ?

bigbear2
06-05-2019, 07:23 PM
Fished this lake many times. The bigger lake along the highway was called Lucerne Lake. The launch was very shallow and had to paddle a 14 ft lund 50 ft or more to lower the leg. The middle lake, not seen from the highway we called Yellowhead. No boat launch there. Last time I fished Lucerne was in 2012. Lake trout limit was zero. Fished most years since 1972. Rainbow in July OK. Lake trout May, June. I hope this helps.

Talking moose
06-05-2019, 08:10 PM
Try moose lake. Lots of lake trout. Not large though. Very close to mt Robson

Talking moose
06-05-2019, 08:11 PM
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=121620&highlight=Moose+lake+valemount

-JR-
06-05-2019, 08:54 PM
Fished this lake many times. The bigger lake along the highway was called Lucerne Lake. The launch was very shallow and had to paddle a 14 ft lund 50 ft or more to lower the leg. The middle lake, not seen from the highway we called Yellowhead. No boat launch there. Last time I fished Lucerne was in 2012. Lake trout limit was zero. Fished most years since 1972. Rainbow in July OK. Lake trout May, June. I hope this helps.

Thanks for the heads up ,I think I leave the big boat home

Big Bull
06-05-2019, 08:58 PM
Yellowhead Lake has a shallow boat launch, but you should be able to get most boats launched there. There is a causeway that cuts the lake in half, and the western end of the lake has no launch. Yellowhead Lake flows into Lucerne Lake, where there is a campground, but I don't think the boat launch is usable anymore. You would need a canoe or lighter boat to fish there. Moose Lake is on the Fraser River, has a boat launch, and is the biggest of the three lakes.
Lakers, Rainbow, and Bull trout should be found in all of these lakes, and I think there are Kokanee in Moose.

Reeves1
06-06-2019, 06:09 AM
Kokanee in Lucerne as well. Used to catch them in the 80s.