PDA

View Full Version : Daughters first fish - Kananaskis lake

adanac1967
07-03-2009, 08:43 AM
I took my two daughters for our annual father daughter fishing trip last weekend to the Upper Kananaskis lake and my youngest caught her first trout. We went to the Upper Kananskis lake and fished the south west portions for a few hours. Each daughter caught a fish. The rainbow was released but the cutty was kept as it was my yougest daughters first fish.
They were excited and we did not leave disapointed.
Water level is extremely low but filling up as the run off is intensifying.
Boat launch is usable as we saw many boats that were on the water.
I would attach photos but my pics are too large. They are over 2 megs in size and the limit will not allow me to attach.
Will try and find a way.
We caught two in total and had many bites.

Happy dad

gramps73
07-03-2009, 09:34 AM
Congrats on the first fish.
Gramps

Scott N
07-03-2009, 09:39 AM
Congrats on the first fish. Try hosting your photos through a site such as Photobucket. When you upload your photos to Photobucket, you can resize them and then post them to this board.

Fishfinder
07-03-2009, 09:49 AM
what size do they have to be for this site?

floppychicken
07-03-2009, 12:08 PM
..that's a GREAT feeling watching your Kids catch fish, isn't it ? :)

Good for them and good for you.... Memories that will last a lifetime or two !

If you want to resize your photos... Here is a REALLY EASY way to do it !! (Microsoft Windows XP or Vista Only)
Go directly to where you have saved your photos (where your photos are...

-then select (highlight) the ones you want to post or 'resize'
-then right click while over top of one of the selected photos
-then from the menu that appears, select "Send to"
-then highlight and click (from the second menu) "Mail Recipient"
-then a box will open up asking you what size you would like to send them in...
-then from the drop-down menu, choose the size you want and then click "Attach"
-The photos automatically convert and reduce to the proper size and open in your "Mail Program".
-Select all (highlight all) of the converted photos that are now ready to be e-Mailed and drag them into a NEW folder.
-Now you can post the 'reduced' photos with no issues... !

***REMEMBER,
you want the NEW photos saved into a 'sub-directory' or different folder so that you don't overwrite the originals)! The reason for this is that the originals are larger and of 'higher resolution' and will provide you with good clarity and PROPER prints in the future.***

This is a good way to send the photos to friends or family without having to worry about HUGE file sizes... Also, you can e-Mail them to yourself and save them from there if you choose to.

It seems like a lot of steps, but believe me... It literally takes about 30 seconds !

Cheers,

/FC....

floppychicken
07-03-2009, 12:16 PM
what size do they have to be for this site?

If you haven't already found it....

Click, post reply to this post (just as and example) and then look below and click 'Manage Attachments'... It will show you the file extensions with the 'allowable' maximum sizes and dimensions.

The standard .jpg for example: is 800 x 600 in dimension and no bigger than 195.3 KB (just under 20% of a Megabyte)

Cheers,

/FC...

michelle
07-03-2009, 02:52 PM
Congrats on the first fish! You both will remember it forever!:)