PDA

View Full Version : Sal****er Tides - Predicting best fishing times

deke
07-03-2009, 01:05 PM
Anyone here have the experience or skills to help interpret tide tables? I am looking at planning a trip to the Pt. Hardy area and want to use the tide tables to time it for good fishing times.
Looking to know what would be the best time in the month of July and the best time of day for a 2-3 day stretch?

Mostly for chinook but also halibut. Do I fish high tide, low tide, look for the biggest tide change or the smallest?

Thanks.

Walleyes
07-03-2009, 09:01 PM
Here is the tide charts for the entire Canada west coast. What you want to do is run through the chart and pick out the area that you want to fish in and pick the Highest tide for the month. Of course this is not a guarantee that you will nail them but it definitely is one more added advantage. Again pick the highest tide for the month,, think of it as a river flooding a pool what it does is bring in the bait which in turn brings in the fish ,,, pretty simple eh ??? Lololol

http://www.waterlevels.gc.ca/cgi-bin/tide-shc.cgi?queryType=showFrameset&zone=15&language=english&region=1&stnnum=8408

If you need more help just drop me a P.M I will do my best.. Can't give all the secrets on an open line you know... If we make it to easy everyone will just run out there and catch them...