PDA

View Full Version : Red Deer Rockies?

trigger7mm
06-17-2019, 08:17 AM
Caught a couple of big Rocky Mountain whites in the river right in Red Deer. I didn’t think the were very abundant in that area. Is this a normal thing, or just a fluke?

lastlatvian
06-17-2019, 09:20 AM
Caught a couple of big Rocky Mountain whites in the river right in Red Deer. I didn’t think the were very abundant in that area. Is this a normal thing, or just a fluke?

What is big and what is a lot? When fishing the RDR with a pickle rig I usually catch enough meat for myself before my limit on moon eye and white fish -- used to better back in the day. Now white bucket fishers just take all they can.

trigger7mm
06-17-2019, 02:27 PM
What is big and what is a lot? When fishing the RDR with a pickle rig I usually catch enough meat for myself before my limit on moon eye and white fish -- used to better back in the day. Now white bucket fishers just take all they can.

What.....???

Red Bullets
06-17-2019, 02:42 PM
The rockies have always been there. I was catching rockies 30+ years ago on that stretch of the river.

Talking moose
06-17-2019, 04:16 PM
Not a rarity. My swamper has caught many right in town when he lived there 5 plus years ago.

bubba300
06-18-2019, 01:50 AM
I have bin fishing the river in the city for a few days now,catching a few walleye and goldeye but no whitefish yet.Think I will start targeting them.Fished bower ponds for a bit yesterday,caught some small pike but seen a couple fairly decent ones below the bridge there.