PDA

View Full Version : Finally,... the New fishing rig.

floppychicken
07-04-2009, 03:21 AM
I finally pulled the trigger and bought a new boat !

I looked at quite a number of them (models, makes, sizes, etc..) and decided on the 2009 "Smokercraft Ultima 172"

I took everything I could 'remember' into account and bought it based on Price / Performance, quality and options. This boat seems to have everything that I wanted and /or needed for my family as far as a Fish and recreational boat is concerned. At least for now, anyway....:D

Here are a few photos;

Cheers,

/FC....

michelle
07-04-2009, 04:18 AM
Ooooo! Pretty!

Enjoy!

hayseed
07-04-2009, 07:25 AM
Heck of a rig there floppy, nothing like a new family toy... hopefully we'll get some summer now to get out there and enjoy it . :)

outbackpat
07-04-2009, 08:51 AM
Nice boat!

SuCraM
07-04-2009, 09:13 AM
Ya nice ride floppy have fun in it this summer and stay safe and tight lines. Congrats man.

Walleyes
07-04-2009, 09:45 AM
Awesome looking rig floppy,, you are going to have many years of family enjoyment there.. Congrats and enjoy..

bowfin
07-04-2009, 11:37 AM
nice boat f/c
heading down on tuesday to get mine cant wait see ya at the valley sometime this summer:cool:

floppychicken
07-04-2009, 12:05 PM
Thanks All....:)

I'm lovin' the boat and looking forward to 'Lots' of Water time this summer (if summer ever comes along...:mad:grrr). The fish tops will come in handy when it starts raining too !

Trimmed out, I had her doing just under 50 mph with just me and a full tank of gas. With me and a Fishing buddy (and gear) I could easily do 40-46mph and with 4 adults, 3 kids (and TONS of crap) I can do 33-37mph... Initially, I was concerned about the 'speed issue' before buying, but it looks like that isn't going to be a problem at all, as it's right where I was hoping it would be. I suppose if it could be done, putting a hydraulic Jack Plate on this boat would be VERY interesting....

Anyhow, lots more room to move around now, lot's of storage and the bow mounted MINN KOTA is freakin' GREAT ! Man, I shoulda' had one of those on the OLD boat ! Towing this sucker is a DREAM too. Although heavier, it tows much better and doesn't bounce near as much... I like those Shorelander trailers.

Here are a few more pics (thank for lookin')

Cheers,

/FC...

floppychicken
07-04-2009, 12:22 PM
nice boat f/c
heading down on tuesday to get mine cant wait see ya at the valley sometime this summer:cool:

SWEET !

Which unit did you end up getting ?
And yeah,... I'll gladly meet ya down around there anytime !

/FC...

DLP
07-04-2009, 02:37 PM
Sweet!!!:D

bowfin
07-04-2009, 04:05 PM
picked up 18 ft crestliner with 150 opti and 70 lb Minn kota up front and merc 9.9 pro kicker beside the big dog you ever head down to Travers going there 3 week in july. those pics are they from ghost dam. give me a PM we got to get together talk boat fish and beer lol have a good day:lol:

MikeSpike
07-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Luckychicken. Niiiiice.

dodger
07-04-2009, 06:20 PM
Is there any fish slime in there yet to make it an official fishing boat? :lol::lol:
Dodger.

floppychicken
07-04-2009, 10:01 PM
picked up 18 ft crestliner with 150 opti and 70 lb Minn kota up front and merc 9.9 pro kicker beside the big dog you ever head down to Travers going there 3 week in july. those pics are they from ghost dam. give me a PM we got to get together talk boat fish and beer lol have a good day:lol:

Oh nice, I was looking at one of those as well. Those 150's are nice and powerful and the Kicker is a great alternative to the MINN KOTA and also provides a secondary means of getting off the lake. A very good investment indeed and likely one I will make also.

Not sure about vacation yet, but If I'm not away... I'm there with 'bells on' !

(Oh, and yes.... The one photo is from Ghost and the others are from PCR.)

Cheers,

/FC...

floppychicken
07-04-2009, 10:06 PM
Is there any fish slime in there yet to make it an official fishing boat? :lol::lol:
Dodger.

YESSIR ! She has been 'Christened' :D

Fish slime and Kid 'dirt' ! Man, kids are messy ! That's the first and last time I let the kids eat their 'entire lunch' in the boat ! heh, heh..

(I think I'd rather clean up after the fish than after the 'Yard Apes'....)

Cheers,

/FC...

zouzou123
07-04-2009, 11:48 PM
Beautiful boat

floppychicken
07-04-2009, 11:54 PM
Beautiful boat

Thank-You.... We're enjoying it. :)

Waxy
07-06-2009, 09:15 AM
Nice boat floppy, may it give you many years of service!

Waxy

floppychicken
07-06-2009, 11:00 AM
Nice boat floppy, may it give you many years of service!

Waxy

Thanks.... and hopefully not 'years of being SERVICED' :lol:

Cheers,

/FC...

whitetailman
07-06-2009, 11:17 AM
its all about chrestliner!!! there an awesome boat!! but nice boat looks like a nice fishing boat

riderpride55
07-06-2009, 11:22 AM
We seen that boat for sale a renfrew, from the looks of one of those pics, its the same boat we looked at, nice rig. hope you get LOTS of pike slime in the carpet.

floppychicken
07-06-2009, 11:26 AM
We seen that boat for sale a renfrew, from the looks of one of those pics, its the same boat we looked at, nice rig. hope you get LOTS of pike slime in the carpet.

Yeah, I take the removable carpet out when fishing which is really nice but having a 'spot steam cleaner' comes in handy for the rest. It looks like Renfrew just got a bunch of the 2010 models in from Sylvan / Smokercraft on Saturday (still in the plastic).

/FC...

Donavonszoo
07-06-2009, 12:21 PM
very nice water floater you got there F/C.. she will surly get you to your favorite fishin hole!
Donavon