PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Question

crosby87
07-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Can't find my regs booklet, and I have kinda a dumb question. If the lake or stream or river is not in the booklet, how can I know what sizes are considered keepers etc....I found this little creek, and it packed with large pike.....well 55 cm to 60 cm.....that is large for me as I am an eastcoaster.

I know that there are other places that are nearby that the pike have to be 63 cm, but not sure about this place. I am pretty sure someone has an answer for me.

Thanks

After I wrote this I realize anyone who could answer is probably out fishing right now lol!! Going back tonite and taking pictures!!!

Don Meredith
07-05-2009, 06:59 AM
If the waterbody is not listed in its Watershed Unit area, the Zone and Watershed Unit general regulations apply, which include the province-wide regulations. If you don't have a print copy of the regs, you can go to the Sportfishing Regulations web site (http://www.albertaregulations.ca/fishingregs/).

mikeym
07-06-2009, 10:40 AM
another thing to remember is that it might be a tributary to another major stream and you have to check that rivers listing to see the regs on it. a lot of times the major river will inlcude "all tributaries" as part of its listing.

case in point, Brown Creek north of Nordegg is part of the Blackstone system (or used to be, might be a seperate listing now) and had the same c&r regs as the blackstone.

good luck

Mike