PDA

View Full Version : Parker minnows?

trigger7mm
06-22-2019, 07:17 PM
Has anybody seen Parker minnows for sale anywhere in Edmonton. Probably a long shot hoping for these.

boonedocks
06-22-2019, 07:27 PM
Not this year, unsure of why?!

stubblejumper01
06-22-2019, 07:33 PM
Got some at the west end Fishin Hole on the 13th. They did have more but weren't sure when another shipment would arrive. I was going to buy a case. Wish I would have

trigger7mm
06-22-2019, 10:13 PM
Have you guys seen any lakes around with a good population of spot tail shiners in it? We used to catch our own and freeze them when we were kids. One scoop with a minnow net in Moose lake back then, and you’d have enough bait for a year.

NSR Fisher
06-23-2019, 04:54 PM
Fishing hole southside had Parkers for 2 days earlier in June lol.

2 days and they sold out!!! Between my buddy and I we walked out with 12 tubs.

They are so much better than the candle lake ones, they don't turn to mush and are all a consistent size.

With the candle lake tubs, usually 3 or 4 of the minnows are jumbo's (sometimes they are small perch or walleyes, not spot tails lol!!) and then the rest are a mixed bag of small to tiny shiners that are so soft once thawed its hard to keep on your hook.

If someone had a contact for buying shiners in bulk that would be wicked. I would definitely combine forces with a couple guys and buy them bulk especially for ice fishing season.

Kurt505
06-23-2019, 04:57 PM
I bought a bunch from the west end fishin hole just over a week ago.