PDA

View Full Version : Henmore lake, AB

Kamikaze
06-24-2019, 08:34 AM
Anyone fished at Hanmore Lake?
Any info for good location, any fish there?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guru fisher
06-24-2019, 01:26 PM
It’s full of snot rockets 🚀!!!!!

SCOOBA_ACE
07-01-2019, 03:50 PM
Used to be a trophy lake back in the day if i am not mistaken. More of a recreational lake now.

angler1
07-02-2019, 10:37 AM
Used to catch some dandy pike years ago in the 80's.20 lb +

Bushleague
07-02-2019, 05:57 PM
Used to catch some dandy pike years ago in the 80's.20 lb +

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly sure that for many years the Alberta record whitefish was from Hanmore. Not sure if that record still stands, or if the whitefish population is still healthy.

I fished it a few times in the late 90's, and though we never caught anything huge I always thought that lake would have the potential to produce trophy pike with the right regulations.

dustinjoels
07-02-2019, 07:26 PM
I fished it last year. You'll catch lots of little hammer handle pike. Probably not much else. Good for little kids though. I had all my nieces and nephews out last year (ages 4-8) and they all caught fish. For most of them, it was their first fish, so the day was a success in a certain way.

SNAPFisher
07-03-2019, 12:40 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly sure that for many years the Alberta record whitefish was from Hanmore. Not sure if that record still stands, or if the whitefish population is still healthy.

I fished it a few times in the late 90's, and though we never caught anything huge I always thought that lake would have the potential to produce trophy pike with the right regulations.

Yes, I believe it held the former record which one should be able to find on the interweb. Currently it is South Buck at 11+ lbs. Both Hanmore and South Buck, good luck if you want to even see a white. I've heard of zero coming from either in many years.

SCOOBA_ACE
07-10-2019, 04:05 AM
Yes, I believe it held the former record which one should be able to find on the interweb. Currently it is South Buck at 11+ lbs. Both Hanmore and South Buck, good luck if you want to even see a white. I've heard of zero coming from either in many years.

Too many nets in the water!!!

guru fisher
07-10-2019, 10:36 PM
No nets in Hanmore