PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon

Bassett
07-05-2009, 12:29 PM
Just got back from pigeon and what a day we had! The weather was great and not to crowded. We had constant fish all day, went through a tub of minnows in 3 hrs. Must have been around 100 fish! I did manage 2 jacks aswell, a decent one and a littler one. We were around the provincial campground. Saw a pelican too, quite big. Lost a few, lost 3 tails and 1 hook but oh well.

So it was a great day out on the water! Took a few pics but dont have time to upload them, I will tomorrow.

Bass

Bassett
07-05-2009, 08:36 PM
^^^ update.

Troutguy
07-06-2009, 07:55 AM
We also just came back from Pigeon Lake. We were up there for 3 days and landed lots of walley,didnt really count them.:lol: Many were in the keeper range but had no tags so all were put back in. Got bored with that and went on the search for jacks. We managed to land 9,but only 1 of any size.Had an awesome weekend foresure. :D

bonedogg
07-06-2009, 08:57 AM
dito for the campground and that big pelican. Must have been close to ya'. Great lake and great fishn'!

whitetailman
07-06-2009, 10:36 AM
havent been out to pigeon lately but how big were the jack anything over the ten pound range. i fish there alot and have caught some beautys

kbtrucking
07-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Did the walleye look healthy?

Bassett
07-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Did the walleye look healthy?

Yes they were nice sized a little on the skinnier side but they were good and healthy put up a fight. One had a cut on their head and a bit white on the head but other than that but they were nice.