PDA

View Full Version : Bow River Calgary 2019

EddieS
06-29-2019, 11:27 PM
Hey everyone I'm looking to fish the Bow River tomorrow but I have some questions. I fished the part by Fish Creek last year but I didn't have much luck (I caught 1 RBT in around 4 hours of fishing) - the current was also really fast.

I'm wondering if anyone has any good places where the current might not be as fast thats within Calgary limits? Adding on to that, I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on how to fish the Bow. I'm going to be using a spoon and casting from the shore so any tips on how to cast, what to look for, etc, would be really appreciated.

Also, I usually fish for Pike so my rod has 30lb line on it - does the strength of the line affect the way trout attack my lure in a river? I see everyone fishing with 8lb lines and under so should I switch it out to lighter line or will I be fine with my 30 pound line. Thanks!

i love fishing
06-30-2019, 01:14 AM
#1 Ball diamond Douglasdale, Ivor Strong Bridge and Graves Bridge
Use rapala countdown 7/8 and cast 45 degrees upstream.
Sorry if I exposed you "secret fishing spot"

marlin1
07-01-2019, 10:25 AM
from what I see the bow is too high right now to fish , especially south

lds
07-01-2019, 03:08 PM
from what I see the bow is too high right now to fish , especially south

How so. The fish are still in the water. It just changes but not like the fish all swim out of the river just cuz it’s high. Just have to change up your approach and maybe don’t wade in but totally can still fish

marlin1
07-01-2019, 08:13 PM
How so. The fish are still in the water. It just changes but not like the fish all swim out of the river just cuz it’s high. Just have to change up your approach and maybe don’t wade in but totally can still fish

I stand corrected . Yes you can fish , not the muddy colour it was already clearing up a bit in the NW . just going from reports to the south happy fishing