PDA

View Full Version : Peace River pike?

Bushleague
07-02-2019, 06:06 PM
I've never fished the Peace, but at least on the maps it looks like it should have enough good habitat to produce some big pike. Not looking for directions to you're favorite hole, just wondering if the Peace produces many trophy pike, and if anyone could point me in the right general direction. Thanks.

Redneck Tommy
07-02-2019, 07:22 PM
I know of some bigger pike caught on the peace River. I’d fish at any tributary running into the peace usually the smaller stream has cleaner water and produces fish.

Talking moose
07-03-2019, 06:12 PM
I know of some bigger pike caught on the peace River. I’d fish at any tributary running into the peace usually the smaller stream has cleaner water and produces fish.

This. However late in the year when the water is clear any backwater eddy can produce. Your more likely to catch a 10lb walleye in the peace than a 20lb pike. I lived there 36 years.

jim summit
07-03-2019, 07:01 PM
20 lb pike are not hard to find if the water is clear. Clear tributaries when the Peace is high, key element. But usually a short time frame when that happens.
12lb walleye as well.

Bushleague
07-03-2019, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the reply's, hoping it wouldn't be too pushy to ask... if one was to fish the Peace with big pike being the target, in what general area would one be better off hitting it up? And I am only looking for very general info here... say Dunvegan/PR area, Keg River/ Carcajou ish, or FT Vermilion area and the lower reaches?