PDA

View Full Version : Chestermere Slaughter

Trout tracker
07-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Just got home from Chestermere. Witnessed a group of ten catching pike and keeping everything and I mean everything. I was watching one guy cleaning the fish as the others were pulling them in and I know not one of them were legal as 63cm is a fairly good sized fish. I can't believe the balls on some people. It's no wonder it's so hard to get a legal fish here. Anyway just made a call to Report a poacher so hopefuly something happens. :mad3:

Grizzled
07-05-2009, 09:04 PM
I HOPE THEY GET BUSTED AND CHARGED...FREAKIN POACHERS :mad2:

baitfisher83
07-05-2009, 09:15 PM
that seems to be a very common practice out there, i've never caught anything over 22 inches....heard there's lots of bigger ones during the winter though

Bassett
07-05-2009, 10:43 PM
Hopefully these low life slobs get what they deserve! If you hear anything let us know!

slingshotz
07-05-2009, 11:27 PM
As a kid I would go to Chestermere and catch over 50 fish in a few hours from a dock (before the days of size limits and max 10 pike I think). After ice out it was bordering on stupid how easy they were to catch but I really only kept a couple smaller ones for eating. But that same attitude from before is probably one of the reasons why it's harder to catch the bigger ones as poachers kill everything. One poacher is bad enough but a group of 10 semi-organized poachers is terrible, I hope RAP nails them hard.

zabbo
07-06-2009, 07:26 AM
I HOPE THEY GET BUSTED AND CHARGED...FREAKIN POACHERS :mad2:

X2 Nail their *** to the wall!!