PDA

View Full Version : Best chance at class C walleye

smitty9
07-03-2019, 07:50 PM
I noticed that the were lots of availability for class C tags at Pigeon, Ste. Anne, and Gull.

Wanted to take some kids out fishing. What's my best chance at actually catching fish that size and filling the tags? 17 inches is pretty small...

Would prefer Pigeon cause I know it best, but I'm ok going to either of Ste. Anne or Gull as backups.

Any advice is appreciated!

Mike

freshtinov
07-03-2019, 08:54 PM
I was able to fill my class B tags in one trip at pigeon. I caught a few that were C class and 1 that was over 50cm class A. I was catching about 4 walleye to one pike which was a nice change

RACKER
07-03-2019, 09:41 PM
I fish Pigeon alot and would recommend it.You dont have to travel far out from the Provincial Park to catch fish and there are more c class in that side of the lake ive found.That being said ive caught c class all over the lake so you should have good luck wherever you go.

TROLLER
07-04-2019, 01:30 PM
Straight out from the boat docks. You will see lot's of boats. Jig a minnow and the kids should have ton's of fun.

Mumbles
07-04-2019, 04:52 PM
Gull would be best chance at C class, followed by Ste. Anne.
I barely catch anything under 50cm @ Pigeon.

dryflyguy
07-05-2019, 12:21 PM
Wabamun

oh, wait...

Kidding aside, a buddy was recently at Gull and caught a good number of Class C and B size walleye, according to his report

smitty9
07-19-2019, 11:06 PM
Update:

Well, my friend, decided to go to Gull, so I'll be picking up some class C tags for that waterbody. Hopefully I can get her and her kids into some walleye. anyone got any tips? It's been years since I fished Gull and that was in the winter chasing whites.

I have no idea where to begin for walleye. Naturally, I'll be using the search feature on the forum...appreciate any advice!

Mike

Are kids allowed to get tags too?

HookedOnKokanee
07-20-2019, 04:50 PM
:test:yes kids under 16 can receive tags, but they first need there win card, but of course no fishing licence, just need to launch at sandy point and go over to "sandy point, that's north of the launch, you will see the boats, jig and minnow ... good luck ...