PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have Southern AB Reservoir or Lake Reports ?

floppychicken
07-06-2009, 04:01 AM
Was thinking of hitting Chin on Wednesday and maybe a different one on Thursday. Was wondering how the water levels, quality and fishing has been....

Cheers,

/FC...

nicemustang
07-06-2009, 09:07 AM
I just got back...lots to report but to answer you're questions...Chin is quite low than it was a few weeks ago, but still plenty of room left on the launch as it goes in forever apparently. Lots of boats out last night on the lake. Sherburne launch is ok too. Fishing was better from shore than with a boat, because my little boat had problems in the wind and waves. Lots of fish caught in Chin and the wife landed a 10 lb 30 inch eye last night (details to follow in other posts when I get time) from shore. I had luck at sherburne on large drop offs in ranges from 20-40 feet, not a lot of luck but some. Others beside me caught lots, guess I wasn't as lukcy that day. Caught a few big perch as well.

floppychicken
07-06-2009, 10:51 AM
I just got back...lots to report but to answer you're questions...Chin is quite low than it was a few weeks ago, but still plenty of room left on the launch as it goes in forever apparently. Lots of boats out last night on the lake. Sherburne launch is ok too. Fishing was better from shore than with a boat, because my little boat had problems in the wind and waves. Lots of fish caught in Chin and the wife landed a 10 lb 30 inch eye last night (details to follow in other posts when I get time) from shore. I had luck at sherburne on large drop offs in ranges from 20-40 feet, not a lot of luck but some. Others beside me caught lots, guess I wasn't as lukcy that day. Caught a few big perch as well.

Awesome info !
Thanks... That will help a lot. Good for your wife hooking that 10lber, that's freakin' awesome. I'd love to hook a big 'EyE' like that..

Cheers,

/FC..

walleyeminded
07-06-2009, 07:45 PM
was out at the ridge today fishing was great caught lots of eyes with a lot of pike in between there was no one on the lake as far as i could tell fished at the spillway caught the skinest looking pike ever about 20 inches and only like a 3 inch girth found that a little weird