PDA

View Full Version : Shuswap this weekend!?

zewks
07-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Heading out to shuswap lake this weekend, we got a boat just dont have any clue as where to go...any help/tips would be great.

McDeth
07-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Troll spoons / kwikfish / rapala's and the other usual suspects. Take it deep, and stick to the bays. You shall have success.

Kingfisher
07-07-2009, 01:47 PM
If you have a depth finder then watch for suspended fish. You can catch fish all summer long there. But they do go down deep. Usually around 60 or 70 feet. Once you spot suspended fish then put your downriggers at 10 feet above them.

I'd recommend using an Apex. My favorite of all was always a blue/silver one. But black/silver and greeen/silver were always good as well. The one's we used were always about 4 to 6 inches long. I don't remember the Apex sizing off hand. But you get the idea.

If you don't have a downrigger then get some banana weights in the 1 to 3 Oz range. Tie them on about 4 to 6 feet in front of your Apex. If your not using a downrigger then you are best to fish in the early morning and late in the evening.

Good luck and tight lines.

Rob

tbosch
07-07-2009, 02:10 PM
I always use fast sinking fly line or lead line with my 6 wt rod and troll large blue silver and gold streamers with trailer hooks. Caught many a ten pounder out of there and they're a blast to fight with a fly or mooching set up.

Rick.
07-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Try trolling at 1.8 to 2.3 MPH. and if you don't have a downrigger then buy a couple of dipsy divers and make sure your reels have at least 20lb test. Rick.

zewks
07-09-2009, 08:52 AM
alright thanks alot guys, we dont have a down rigger as were not hardcore fisherman...well not lake fisherman anyways, but I got a bunch of hooks from wholesale last night with your guys help and from a guy at wholesale. Im really excited to be sitting on a boat fishing with a couple buddys sipping on beers!