PDA

View Full Version : Dino count

WayneChristie
07-13-2019, 01:23 PM
Hi all, Im wondering if anyone remembers the sturgeon total I had on my signature tag last year? Thinking 618 or maybe 628 ish ?

TROLLER
07-14-2019, 10:25 AM
628 kinda rings a bell for me. Not totally sure Wayne but what the hell over 600 give or take 10 no big deal.

mooseknuckle
07-14-2019, 12:19 PM
It is about 600+ more than me, and many others!!

WayneChristie
07-14-2019, 09:25 PM
628 kinda rings a bell for me. Not totally sure Wayne but what the hell over 600 give or take 10 no big deal.
Im trying to hit 700 free and clear, that would give me about 10% of the catchable sized in the southern watershed according to the last estimates I saw. Those were between 6500-6700 so 700 should do it , at least for me. Havent been out a lot the past couple seasons but I will get there. First 3 of the season for me yesterday, and I was very happy to see them! :sHa_shakeshout:

thumper
07-14-2019, 10:13 PM
I'm amazed at how well you handle them - without getting sliced up! Those guys are covered in razorblades - even the huge, ancient old gals in the Fraser are still sharp enough to slice you badly!

WayneChristie
07-14-2019, 10:41 PM
I'm amazed at how well you handle them - without getting sliced up! Those guys are covered in razorblades - even the huge, ancient old gals in the Fraser are still sharp enough to slice you badly!

:bad_boys_20: I still get cut up now and them but thats part of the fun. At least if they squirm when you are unhooking them its hard to drop something covered in those :sHa_sarcasticlol: I dont like handling them with gloves

Quigley2000
08-04-2019, 10:27 AM
Any tips for how to catch them? Not looking for spots necessarily but more so what to look for and how to set up. I’d imagine a boat is paramount, but what about from shore?

Thanks

Talking moose
08-04-2019, 05:47 PM
Any tips for how to catch them? Not looking for spots necessarily but more so what to look for and how to set up. I’d imagine a boat is paramount, but what about from shore?

Thanks

Don’t need a boat at all. Find a nice eddy or slow spot on the river, cast out close to where the slow meets the fast, sit and wait. Use worms or minnows or a combination of both. Slap a bell on the rod tip and play frisbee with your dog until bell jingles.
If you don’t have a dog, pm me. My buddy has a litter of pups almost ready to go!