PDA

View Full Version : Burnstick Lake

hairycanary
07-17-2019, 06:53 PM
any tips for burnstick lake by caroline?Heading there to camp and fish the area for 6 days.First time fishing there.I have lots of time in chasing pike but walleye and perch are a mystery to me

Poppa
07-18-2019, 12:31 PM
any tips for burnstick lake by caroline?Heading there to camp and fish the area for 6 days.First time fishing there.I have lots of time in chasing pike but walleye and perch are a mystery to meAll I'll say is that it's a LOT deeper lake (in spots) than most realize...electronics are your friend.

calgarygringo
07-18-2019, 02:24 PM
As mentioned already a finder or download a bathy map online before you go. There are 60 plus feet of water in several areas. Perch are everywhere just work the shore weed lines and you will find them. There are some nice walleyes in there though not as common but when you get one on 5 lbs plus is not uncommon. You will need to work hard to find them.

any tips for burnstick lake by caroline?Heading there to camp and fish the area for 6 days.First time fishing there.I have lots of time in chasing pike but walleye and perch are a mystery to me