PDA

View Full Version : F@#$#% thieves

itshubbard
07-07-2009, 11:02 AM
So i was up at bass pro shops on sunday and i picked up a new one piece st.croix premier musky rod to build a new pike outfit around. Super happy about the one i decided on. I drove to a buddies house to drop off something off at his house. I was inside for 5 minutes and when i came back outside some son of a b#@%$ jacked it from the back of my truck!!! I drove around the area but didn't see anything. Im so bloody ****ed. Just had to vent for a minute. Anybody else had any fishing or hunting gear stolen let me hear the story.

baitfisher83
07-07-2009, 11:06 AM
i've never had anyone steal my stuff, but some guy was out on a boat at PCR last week, his twit of a kid got stuck on something under water, and then didnt bother to hang onto the rod when they took off from the launch. The guy then had the #$@#@ to accuse the people fishing on the dock of stealing the rod "I cant believe the dishonesty of some people" even though no one had gone near that area since they left, what a tool

Sundancefisher
07-07-2009, 01:04 PM
So i was up at bass pro shops on sunday and i picked up a new one piece st.croix premier musky rod to build a new pike outfit around. Super happy about the one i decided on. I drove to a buddies house to drop off something off at his house. I was inside for 5 minutes and when i came back outside some son of a b#@%$ jacked it from the back of my truck!!! I drove around the area but didn't see anything. Im so bloody ****ed. Just had to vent for a minute. Anybody else had any fishing or hunting gear stolen let me hear the story.

If you used the right credit card you may be covered for a replacement...maybe. Check your card holder agreement or call the company and see if you had accidental breakage, loss or theft insurance. Usually there is a short window to access that insurance. Also report it to the local police department to log it in and maybe...you can get lucky.

I feel for ya man. I hate not just the thought of losing a newly purchased item and the money it cost but also the loss of feeling of trust and security and safety.

bsnyder
07-07-2009, 01:09 PM
:cry:so sorry,stealing a mans prized rod is low:(

jrcw
07-07-2009, 01:17 PM
I feel your pain. A few years back my truck was broken into in Winnipeg. It was parked outside a restaurant on a busy street in the middle of the afternoon. I was fish guiding at the time and they took everything. All my rods, tackle...everything. Thousands of dollars of gear gone. It was all locked inside the cap in the bed of the truck. They smashed the windows out. It must have been more than one person because I was moving at the time and had more than just my fishing gear. They took my $2000 bike, guitar, camping equipment...pretty much every material item that was important to me. Luckily house insurance covered most of it, but I still haven't got my tackle and rod collection back to where it used to be. Since that incident I don't trust anybody, anywhere, anytime. NOTHING gets left to chance. Sad but true.

tbosch
07-07-2009, 01:23 PM
We had recently moved in to a new house and were still busy making trips to move everything over. I had been moving all day and was tired so on the last trip I just unloaded my stuff out of the box of the truck and left a few things in the cab shoved under the seat. Those few things were my spotting scope, binoculars, gloves, calls and a few other various items which were in a sealed aluminum box. When I got in my truck in the morning everything was torn apart but left behind except my case full of gear from under the back seat. It's a good thing I didn't catch the idiots in the act. They would have been truly sorry.

Kingfisher
07-07-2009, 01:26 PM
Sorry to hear you had your stuff stolen. Where was your buddy's place at? Always good to know where not to park your vehicle.

I always tell my wife not to leave bags and thing in the vehicle. I can't believe she hasn't been broken in to. She constantly leaves stuff in her vehicle. I don't even like leaving anything at all in the vehicle. But hey that's me. I guess I'm just paranoid and I don't trust anyone.

The Anvil
07-07-2009, 05:32 PM
I was out Fly fishing on the Forestry Trunk Road by the Pembina Forks campground. On my way back to the truck after a great day of fishing. I caught a guy in the act trying to steal gear out of my truck he had somehow opened the rear sliding window and was on a shopping spree....

lets just say that a 9ft fly rod makes an excellent whip. :evilgrin:

Thank you fenwick!

TrueGrit
07-07-2009, 07:13 PM
I hoped ya whipped him good make,em bleed What was he saying when ya caught him was he half way in the rear window .Times are getting tough and people will stael anything .I hunt up north alot for moose and I now haul my horse trailor to sleep in and lock the goods in when not around camp but its getting to the point now ya have to leave someone around the camp ,

Fishfinder
07-07-2009, 11:15 PM
2 words - large dogs:D

The Anvil
07-08-2009, 12:35 AM
I had about 300 feet head start on the guy as I came into the clearing where I had parked the truck. He was reaching in through the back window, trying to unlock the read side door, looked kinda funny actually. He made his way in and opened the side door, kinda stumbled out of the box and began digging through the truck.
I quietly and quickly creeped up on him, as to not give away my presence. Those on here who know me know I am a bigger guy..lol but still pretty swift.
I put down my tackle box and flies, 20 feet or so away and then once I was about 5 feet from the truck i hit the door lock and then the panic button setting off the horn. He jumped I yelled WTF are you doing and he just bolted... that's when the lashing began :tongue2:.... He ran but i was right on his behind whipping the heck out of him with my fenwick i got him on the side of the head and neck as best i could... as for blood only from his ear...lol
He kept yelling at me to stop and called me a p rick... among other things all i said was keep running you bastard.
I made him run the opposite way from his crappy little truck, and eventually my years of smoking caught up and he got away... stopped and rested. We exchanged some kind words and I huffed back to my truck and grabbed my axe... we exchanged some more words and then he ran to his truck and drove off.
I was able to put a nice dent in his hood, scratch his quarter panel and damage his fleet side on his truck before he spun off as I used what little strength I had left and swung my axe like a wild man...lol I broke my axe.

I miss that rod, it didn't survive the rest of the trip as i had snapped it some how...lol

Anyways... bloody f-n Thieves!

Fishfinder
07-08-2009, 12:47 AM
Nicely done boss:lol:

The Anvil
07-08-2009, 12:55 AM
lol thanks,

I felt bad, but it was a wake up call for him.

I also quickly broke camp and left the area, just in case.

Fishfinder
07-08-2009, 01:10 AM
lol thanks,

I felt bad, but it was a wake up call for him.

I also quickly broke camp and left the area, just in case.

Don't feel bad. He got what he deserved. Heck I am only 5 n a half feet n I wouldn't tolerate that B.S. from anyone, anywhere. N my rod's only 7 ft:lol::lol:
Give it another shot, I'm sure it was just a wrong place, wrong time scenario.
Good on u though....happy fishin:)

lucky_magic_stick
07-08-2009, 01:17 AM
anvil that was great to hear my dad and I had a good laugh good on you well done not to bad of a way to sacrafice a rod though.My dad leaves an empty box of shells on the seat or on the dashboard in plain view to make them think a little,never had a problem yet parking in our favorite spots knock wood.

The Anvil
07-08-2009, 01:48 AM
Normally I would have put the rod down and went in swinging if need be, I'm not one to scrap usually.
LOL the funny thing about it was i knew that it would really hurt and know first hand what it is like to get whipped with a fly rod, :rolleye2: When I was 16yrs old I really ticked off my Dad once while fishing with him, and made the mistake of telling him off, he chased me and gave me a good licking with his old fly rod I got three across the shoulder/back. Would have gotten more if he didn't slip in the mud.

Ahhh Good Times...

Hi-jack over! :evilgrin:

Nationwide
07-08-2009, 05:10 AM

In the back of a open pickup how much dose this one piece st.croix premier musky rod weigh just asking because it might of just flew out of your truck on your way to your bud's place.Just a thought

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
07-09-2009, 11:08 PM
I don't know whats up with the low life schmucks who feel they have to steal get an effin job . The day I caught someone stealing from my truck would be the day they feel the wrath of the 4 x4 chunk of wood in the box of my truck . And if that were luckily to happen on Forest trunk road WOOO HOOOO lots of good body disposal spots . I mean no officer i didn't whoop his ass and leave em for the Griz in the trees .:evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin:

pecker
07-10-2009, 04:44 PM
a buddy of mine who inherited a home made ice hut from a deceased friend, had left the hut out on traverse reservoir for several years . he's 74 - his wife is 79 . they love their whitefishing and was it was easy to just go out - open their holes and start fishing . last winter they went out one morning to fish and it was gone . to the lowlifes that took their hut - i hope my buddy never spots it. :mad2::mad2:

Nationwide
07-10-2009, 05:44 PM
:

itshubbard
07-11-2009, 09:35 AM
In the back of a open pickup how much dose this one piece st.croix premier musky rod weigh just asking because it might of just flew out of your truck on your way to your bud's place.Just a thought

I had it strapped in and it was there when we pulled up. i thought of that two but have pretty much ruled it out. nice stories boys birghtens my spirits abit to hear im not the only one haha.