PDA

View Full Version : String Color Interfering with Sight Picture

Sogseal
07-25-2019, 11:03 AM
So I had my strings replaced recently and I picked green and black. Because cool looks makes my bow shoot better lol. Problem is one half of the string is bright green and the other black going on either side of the peep. The green seems to be messing up my sight picture. Something to do with the contrast between the two. Any ideas on how to color that portion black? Haven't made it back to the local shop for help with it yet but I will be soon for adjustments. Thanks!

501s
07-25-2019, 11:07 AM
Could you just use a Black Sharpie around the peep?

Sogseal
07-25-2019, 01:31 PM
Could you just use a Black Sharpie around the peep?

I am concerned that a permanent marker will degrade the string

Lefty-Canuck
07-25-2019, 02:06 PM
Don’t use sharpie it will Damage your string, get used to looking “through” your peep and focus on the target. You will get used to it. It’s not actually messing with your sight picture... your perception is that it is and it’s what you are focussing on instead of where you want to hit. Overcome the distraction.

LC

DeadEyeGardner
07-25-2019, 09:08 PM
Serve your peep in on the green portion of the string. There’s different ways to serve in a peep, easy enough to do yourself (YouTube).

Lefty is correct tho, you focus should be on your target and pins, the peep is just a reference point- look through it, not at it.

Sogseal
07-25-2019, 10:53 PM
Thanks guys, sound advice as always

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk