PDA

View Full Version : Where are some good places to fish from the shore?

ShoreAngler
07-25-2019, 12:19 PM
My old man can't go on a boat because he gets montion sickness really bad, so was wondering where is a good place to go, don't really care to much about chain lakes seems like there is to many people there unless there is another spot that isn't to packed? We don't mind the drive, is spray lakes any good from the shore? Is bow river good for a open cast reels? I know everyone fly fishes on the bow, what about policeman flats is that good for open cast?

Macdrizzle
07-25-2019, 12:38 PM
My old man can't go on a boat because he gets montion sickness really bad, so was wondering where is a good place to go, don't really care to much about chain lakes seems like there is to many people there unless there is another spot that isn't to packed? We don't mind the drive, is spray lakes any good from the shore? Is bow river good for a open cast reels? I know everyone fly fishes on the bow, what about policeman flats is that good for open cast?

red deer river. You can bar fish with pickerel rigs and catch all sorts of creatures.

ShoreAngler
07-25-2019, 12:45 PM
Red deer river,what are some good locations?

TROLLER
07-25-2019, 04:45 PM
Just below Dickson Dam, should hook a few walleye but catch and release.

You can catch nice rainbow and some brown in the bow with a spinning rig just use a small rapalla lot's of fun for sure but be careful on the walk down.

EZM
07-25-2019, 09:02 PM
Manitoba.

lol.

I'd say the BOW, NSR, Red Deer rivers are great in many spots.

If better accessibility is key, then look at lakes with day use areas.

musak4ears
07-26-2019, 04:52 PM
Heard at one time below the weir at Carseland was good.

AK47
07-26-2019, 05:32 PM
What kind of fish are you targeting?Are you looking to keep some or just catch and release. Would be easier to answer if we would know your preference.

ShoreAngler
07-27-2019, 01:07 PM
What kind of fish are you targeting?Are you looking to keep some or just catch and release. Would be easier to answer if we would know your preference.

Just catch and release.

ShoreAngler
07-27-2019, 01:09 PM
Manitoba.

lol.

I'd say the BOW, NSR, Red Deer rivers are great in many spots.

If better accessibility is key, then look at lakes with day use areas.

Where on red deer river? New to fishing in Alberta only fished once since the 9 year's I lived here, my father lives in Calgary now and he did alot of fishing back home should I would like to get out every weekend if possible.

barbless
07-27-2019, 02:29 PM
You could try Glenmore Res. just to the west of the sailing club or at the point just north of it. Not a lot of walking involved but lots of weeds just off shore. Pretty deep at the point. Use a countdown Rap for about 10 to 15 seconds at the point. I have used a little green frog with a small weight in the weeded parts to the west with some luck