PDA

View Full Version : Alberta fish

T-Bone
07-07-2009, 07:57 PM
What is the best Alberta fish to eat? Why and how.. I myself prefer brookies done with butter, lemon,onion and dill cooked whole in tinfoil. Wallies filetted cubed.Take bacon semi cook it save the fat, take the bacon wrap it around the cubes secure with tooth pic and put back in the bacon fat and cook until the bacon is fairly crispy..Perch... Filets, A mixture of shake and bake, salt ,pepper,cayenne,flour,(corn meal if you like it a little crispier) Take all the mixture and coat perch,cook in a pan with 1/4" of oil or butter( oil works best as it doesn't burn as easily) 2 min and she is good..
Sorry just a bit hungry for fish (verbal diarrhea),uuuuummhh Pickled perch on a beer drinking night......Later
T

floppychicken
07-07-2009, 08:02 PM
What is the best Alberta fish to eat? Why and how.. I myself prefer brookies done with butter, lemon,onion and dill cooked whole in tinfoil. Wallies filetted cubed.Take bacon semi cook it save the fat, take the bacon wrap it around the cubes secure with tooth pic and put back in the bacon fat and cook until the bacon is fairly crispy..Perch... Filets, A mixture of shake and bake, salt ,pepper,cayenne,flour,(corn meal if you like it a little crispier) Take all the mixture and coat perch,cook in a pan with 1/4" of oil or butter( oil works best as it doesn't burn as easily) 2 min and she is good..
Sorry just a bit hungry for fish (verbal diarrhea),uuuuummhh Pickled perch on a beer drinking night......Later
T

LOL.... yeah, I just printed this page out. Gonna have to eat some Fish REALLY soon. heh, heh....

/FC..

slingshotz
07-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Fresh burb fillets and loin strips in beer batter, beats regular fish n'chips any day.

Brookies crusted with any type of rustic crumbed crackers fried in butter.

Steamed fresh walleye in ginger, spring onion and soy. It was a classic Chinese dish that you used to be able to get in the good restaurants 20+ years ago, now it's only Tilapia :(

DROOLS....

brook trout
07-08-2009, 12:29 PM
rainbow trout with a seasoning and butter cooked on a barbacue:D

burbot fillets:tongue2::tongue2:

Curly Bill
07-08-2009, 01:22 PM
Walleye fillets cut up into smaller sized pieces coat in french's mustard then into pancake batter (seasoned of course) from there fry them in oil until they are golden brown and crispy. The mustard adds a flavor that you would never expect and it doesn't over power it at all. All thanks to my buddy Clayton Schick.

marlin1
07-08-2009, 01:36 PM
perch then burbot , both great eating many different ways

cribfisher
07-08-2009, 07:55 PM
What works really well if you are camping and forget to bring seasoning or bread crumbs is crushing a bag of dill pickle chips. It's a little salty but tastes great.

moosehunter3-0
07-08-2009, 09:35 PM
1 -perch/walleye
2 - burbot
3- pike (it helps if you know how to clean one)
4- whitefish
5-lake trout
All fillets done in beer batter

RandyBoBandy
07-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Perch/burbot sauteed in butter, seasoned with lemon pepper, then a splash of Grand Marnier or Orange Brandy which should flame and caramalize...succulent..:wave:

RandyBoBandy
07-08-2009, 09:47 PM
OH..one other..pike smoked

jjzzshen
07-09-2009, 02:56 AM
Now that is a lot of brass air fittings http://www.liangdianup.com/subpages/airfitting_1.htm there is just about every type
of air fitting that you could want. Wholesale prices too. I guess these could be used as small water pipe fitting also. I
used some of the parts to make my babington wvo burner.

outbackpat
07-09-2009, 07:35 AM
Lobster dipped in butter, yum!