PDA

View Full Version : Fishng Ontario

Alberta Bigbore
08-01-2019, 05:05 PM
Headed for a 2 week vacation soon... going to be doing the family thing. Canadas Wonderland..Ripleys aquarium etc etc.

But i am going to try and get out fishing.

Any tip on waters to try or areas for bass crappies and sunfish be great.

Will be in the Guelf ..Acton and mainly Orangeville areas.

Thank u

Red Bullets
08-01-2019, 07:49 PM
Hopefully someone will give you some real tips. I can only suggest this website. It has the fishing holes local to Guelph and area. You can search out other areas too. Should be some great fishing. Have a great holiday.

http://hooklineandsinker.ca/resources/local-water-information/

Alberta Bigbore
08-01-2019, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the link... ive done some research on lake Eugenia...which is mentioned there. Hopefullyrippin lips on some big largemouths

smokeeter
08-02-2019, 08:21 AM
Valens lake in the Guelph area and Island lake in Orangeville have a good supply of panfish.
Lake Simcoe has everything but might be a little harder to fish if you don't have a boat.
Do some research on those lakes for hot spots and techniques.

Alberta Bigbore
08-02-2019, 08:45 AM
Thx. The one aunt lives 10 mins from island lake/ orangeville res.... i hear theres good bass in there. I have access to the uncles boat so should be in good shape.

What id really like to do os hit some of those streams i used to watch bob izumi fish for steelhead lolol

Alberta Bigbore
08-02-2019, 08:54 AM

tool
08-02-2019, 09:22 AM
I’m sure you already know this but there are no gas motors allowed on Island Lake or Guelph Lake, electrics are ok though.

I do have a favourite spot along the Grand River where I once caught a 20.5” Small Mouth.

Simcoe holds everything like someone else said but getting a little ways away and it’s a BIG Lake to fish.

Feel free to PM and for specifics, I grew up in the area.

Alberta Bigbore
08-02-2019, 11:00 AM
I’m sure you already know this but there are no gas motors allowed on Island Lake or Guelph Lake, electrics are ok though.

I do have a favourite spot along the Grand River where I once caught a 20.5” Small Mouth.

Simcoe holds everything like someone else said but getting a little ways away and it’s a BIG Lake to fish.

Feel free to PM and for specifics, I grew up in the area.
Thank u pm sent