PDA

View Full Version : Any trout fishing around Stettler??

Cooeylover
07-08-2009, 10:37 AM
I want to take my boy out trout fishing, is there any places that anyone knows of?
Thanks

Gunnar 17
07-08-2009, 01:24 PM
I would try Kerbes Pond. It's about 20 minutes south of town. If you want to drive a little farther you could go to Boehlkes pond (about 20 minutes south of Halkirk). I fished Kerbes on Canday Day for about 1/2 an hour. Never caught nothing but other people there were catchin a few. Have not fished Boehlkes for a while but I heard of some big ones (up to 6 lb) being caught there last winter.

Cheers.

bagwan
07-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Be sure you follow the regs if you fish this pond. Its very good for teaching kids the ropes as it has good shore access. A group of locals raised the cash through our service clubs and the pond is now aerated. A slot limit and possesion of ONE fish over 50 Cm may be kept. A bait ban is also in effect. Surprisingly almost all people abusing the size and no bait ban plead ignorance but we know who wins in front of a judge. People have already violated both and abusers will be reported. The Wardens helped us in getting this project off the ground so they care also so be advised accordingly.
Apr1-Nov 30 are the dates for fishing. A size limit was put into place to allow
a trophy type fishery to develope. At one time this pond raised some huge fish according to the older area residents.

bulliver
07-09-2009, 10:19 AM
I have fished Boehlkes this year and caught 2 very nice ones, Coronation resouvior is not bad as well.
Good to hear Kerbes is back up and producing, I have tried a number of times over the past few years and have not even met anyone who had caught anything.
The Diplomat Mine pond is kind of hit and miss but I have seen some very nice fish come out of there. My best luck has been Coronation.

rem300wsm
06-25-2011, 10:23 PM
hows the fishing at kerbes pond lately thanks

Bill L
06-26-2011, 05:14 PM
Isn't there a pond in Stettler near the campground ?

rem300wsm
06-26-2011, 05:57 PM
Isn't there a pond in Stettler near the campground ?

ya its called west stettler park there is stocked pike there its cacth and release but is still fun to fish there