Madpiper
08-06-2019, 12:38 PM
Anyone been int Elbow Lake recently?

MTB_FlyFisher
08-06-2019, 01:49 PM
I hiked in on Saturday, Aug 3

Trail was dry
Wind was blowing all day
Didn't get much time to fish, probably about 30-40 min total since I was up there with others. Had reasonable success with a bunch of brookies to hand as well as a single cuttie. All caught from shore in areas with a reasonable drop-off within casting distance. I was fly fishing, the bulk of the strikes were on subsurface flies although did get a few to commit to a dry fly when the wind dropped off for a bit.

Madpiper
08-07-2019, 08:20 AM
Appreciate it.

Scott N
08-07-2019, 08:36 AM
I hiked in on Saturday, Aug 3

Trail was dry
Wind was blowing all day
Didn't get much time to fish, probably about 30-40 min total since I was up there with others. Had reasonable success with a bunch of brookies to hand as well as a single cuttie. All caught from shore in areas with a reasonable drop-off within casting distance. I was fly fishing, the bulk of the strikes were on subsurface flies although did get a few to commit to a dry fly when the wind dropped off for a bit.

Cool... I didn't realize that there where cutties up there.

MTB_FlyFisher
08-07-2019, 09:50 AM
Cool... I didn't realize that there where cutties up there.

Yeah...I was certainly a bit surprised to see the orange slash since I was also under the impression that it was nothing but brookies up there. It was my first time fishing up there though, so unsure if it's unusual to catch a cuttie there?

Swamp_Donkey
08-07-2019, 05:22 PM
So far the Southside of the lake where everyone camps is the only place I've had success but maybe that's because I'm a novice at best.. Waters maybe 18" deep in the little bay