PDA

View Full Version : anybody tie flies for sell

jodycanfish
07-08-2009, 04:03 PM
I am looking for someone to tie some flies for me obviosly I would pay for them.Have no time and most of the shops do not sell them. One type is the CCF 100 fish fly, and different sizes and colors of caddis and maybe some others if you are willing. CHEERS JODY

fishman
07-08-2009, 04:13 PM
There is a friend in whitecourt that commerically ties maybe he is intrested as he is reitred so this keeps him busy

slingshotz
07-08-2009, 04:24 PM
I've been impressed with the quality of flies from www.ickyflyworks.ca and they say on the website they can do custom ties.

italk2u
07-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Jody, you live in a city that is graced by one of the best trout fly fisheries in the world and you're saying you can't find anyone that sells flies.?:huh:

Albertadiver
07-08-2009, 04:47 PM
There's a guy that hangs out on the forum that says he ties flies, but will rip you off. He's been banned numerous times, but keeps coming back under different usernames. He always seems to be a little short of cash, so he may surface up with a PM to you. PM me if you want specifics in case you get an offer that sounds fishy.

Not trying to cause a problem, just want to give you a heads up for this one specific person. Lots of guys here have some great leads as indicated above.

LongDraw
07-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Lotsa great fly shops here in Calgary, and most will do custom flies. Actually some of them stock locally tied patterns. Check out Fishtales in the SE.

flipper62
07-08-2009, 09:26 PM
I've been impressed with the quality of flies from www.ickyflyworks.ca and they say on the website they can do custom ties.

2x on Ickyflyworks.
Placed an order Sunday night and received them on Wednesday.

Kingfisher
07-09-2009, 01:57 AM
Hi Jody. I tie flies. But usually I just tie for myself and I also teach others how to tie flies for themselves.

What I'm curious about is the CCF 100 fish fly. I've never heard of that pattern. I Googled it. But I didn't get any results. Care to show me what it looks like? Good thing I'm not a cat. Because you know what they say about cats and curiosity.

Rob

BobLoblaw
07-09-2009, 03:08 AM
Hi Jody. I tie flies. But usually I just tie for myself and I also teach others how to tie flies for themselves.

What I'm curious about is the CCF 100 fish fly. I've never heard of that pattern. I Googled it. But I didn't get any results. Care to show me what it looks like? Good thing I'm not a cat. Because you know what they say about cats and curiosity.

Rob

I believe the CCf 100 fish fly pattern was in the Alberta Fishing Guide a few years back...

badger
07-09-2009, 07:16 AM
Don Andersen's page has the CCF fly from the Alberta Fishing Guide.

CCF and cane rods (http://www.telusplanet.net/public/dmanders/cff.html)

jodycanfish
07-09-2009, 08:22 AM
Jody, you live in a city that is graced by one of the best trout fly fisheries in the world and you're saying you can't find anyone that sells flies.?:huh:
Lots of flies to buy but not what I am looking for,plus some of these 4.00 ea flies are crap you get a couple of fish and they start coming apart.

jodycanfish
07-09-2009, 08:27 AM
There's a guy that hangs out on the forum that says he ties flies, but will rip you off. He's been banned numerous times, but keeps coming back under different usernames. He always seems to be a little short of cash, so he may surface up with a PM to you. PM me if you want specifics in case you get an offer that sounds fishy.

Not trying to cause a problem, just want to give you a heads up for this one specific person. Lots of guys here have some great leads as indicated above.
will do thanks for the heads up

jodycanfish
07-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Lotsa great fly shops here in Calgary, and most will do custom flies. Actually some of them stock locally tied patterns. Check out Fishtales in the SE.Been there no help.

jodycanfish
07-09-2009, 08:33 AM
I found this pattern in a montana flyfishing magazine,I will send you a picture and what material to use. This is one great fly thats why its called 110 fish fly.Try to send oyu tomorrow.Send me your E-mail so I can scan it to you

jodycanfish
07-09-2009, 08:38 AM
Send me your e-mail address and I will send you some info about this awesome fly.