PDA

View Full Version : Winefred Lake

mikerioux
07-09-2009, 09:26 AM
Does someone know if accessible camping/boat launch is available at Winefred Lake as i have my own truck camper and boat . Thanks

big stack
07-09-2009, 06:37 PM
there is a small campground and a decent boat launch just past the lodge. As long as there hasnt been a ton of rain, it is pretty easy to get into.

mikerioux
07-09-2009, 08:02 PM
thanks much

Douglas N
07-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Be cautious. I left the area a few hours ago. There has been tons of rain and the road is slick and rough. There isn't any gravel on the road, so even when dry, it doesn't take much rain to make access/egress difficult.

DLP
07-09-2009, 09:21 PM
Be cautious. I left the area a few hours ago. There has been tons of rain and the road is slick and rough. There isn't any gravel on the road, so even when dry, it doesn't take much rain to make access/egress difficult.

X2 on that!
The road into the lodge can be brutal.

mikerioux
07-10-2009, 08:31 AM

Thanks Douglas N, how was the fishing?

Douglas N
07-10-2009, 08:44 AM
I didn't find the time to fish this week- weather was crappy anyhow.

Some of my coworkers did go . They did well on Pike over by white cliffs. Walleye was slow.

Douglas N
07-10-2009, 08:46 AM
X2 on that!
The road into the lodge can be brutal.

Be mindful of the speed limits and the bridge signs. Someone hit one of our bridges on the main road last Saturday. They hit it with such force that the guardrail ended up protruding into the cab. Lucky no one was killed.