PDA

View Full Version : Walleye from Travers...

floppychicken
07-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Caught this fella yesterday at Travers. Weather was beautiful, the water was nice and clear and boats were far and few between....

It was a Great day for fishing ! :)

Cheers,

/FC...

Hooker
07-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Makes fishing a pleasure doesn't it?:)

bowfin
07-09-2009, 06:08 PM
hey F/C
thats one furry wally lol nice catch dude that should be a good feed for you and the family new boat still working good if your catching fish like that good work
be cool
PS
PM where you got that bad boy be heading there middle next week with the family and my new to me boat lol :D

BuckMaster101
07-09-2009, 08:29 PM
I can't believe you keep that. What are our kids going to do? LOL
Good eat's, Congrats

floppychicken
07-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Makes fishing a pleasure doesn't it?:)

Yep, I love catching fish.... C&R 99.9% of the time but this fish was on the menu tonight and it was GREAT !

Cheers,

/FC...

floppychicken
07-09-2009, 09:26 PM
hey F/C
thats one furry wally lol nice catch dude that should be a good feed for you and the family new boat still working good if your catching fish like that good work
be cool
PS
PM where you got that bad boy be heading there middle next week with the family and my new to me boat lol :D

Ahahahaha...

Yeah, that's our good ol' boy 'Smiling Jack'. :) He's a great dog and is going fishing with us the next trip out !

Boat is working fine and it's nice to catch a bunch of fish it it. I love being able to sit on the bow and cruise in and out of the weed beds and that little motor will turn the boat on a dime ! Being able to do that is the Shiz....

And yes, that sucker was tasty indeed.

Cheers,

/FC...

floppychicken
07-09-2009, 09:29 PM
I can't believe you keep that. What are our kids going to do? LOL
Good eat's, Congrats

Well if your kids are anything like mine, they'll OUTFISH ya ! :lol:
Thanks man, yeah it was a tasty beast !

There are some VERY big fish in there.... It's the point that jut's out directly into the bay on the very SOUTH side. Beautiful shallow rocky edges with nice DEEP drop-offs. Pull some RattleTraps and Bottom bouncers through that area and you'll score some beauties.

My buddy had a freakin' log on half-way through the day and it was pretty cool to watch. It stopped him DEAD while we were doing a 2 MPH troll in 30' of water. I turned off the engine and watched the tip of his rod gently bend back and forth for about 5 or 6 seconds until the 'beast' finally figured out what it was.... Once it figured it out, it was a 'Single Head Shake' and that sucker took his entire setup ! Tore the leader and RAP away from his 15lb fireline like it was a piece of thread.... Pretty neat experience !

Cheers,

/FC...

4D7
07-10-2009, 12:27 AM
Nice catch! hows the fishing been at travers anyway? I was there early in the season for abou 12 hours and got one nibble between the 3 of us. Haven't been back since. Kind of sad because last year out of about 40-50 trips we only got skunked once.

floppychicken
07-10-2009, 12:14 PM
Nice catch! hows the fishing been at travers anyway? I was there early in the season for abou 12 hours and got one nibble between the 3 of us. Haven't been back since. Kind of sad because last year out of about 40-50 trips we only got skunked once.

Well ya know,...

It's been kinda weird. I was surprised how few PIKE were biting at the locations that we are used to nailing them at.... I did notice however that there were a number of LARGER fish in those same locations. Normally we only hook into a nice big fish once, but this time we hooked into big fish 4 times. Bring multiple rods with multiple hook-ups and change em' up quite a bit.... It's definitely more work, but you'll end up with more fish at the end of the day.

Just my 0.2 cents...

Cheers,

/FC...

Mudslide
07-10-2009, 10:53 PM
I'm going to try Travers tomorrow afternoon. Never been there before. Can anybody give me directions from Calgary. Where is the best place to put a boat in?
Thanks.

Donny Bear
07-11-2009, 06:50 AM
Nice chunk I bet that was some fine table fare for sure there are times when you have to enjoy the full experiance :D very nice

floppychicken
07-11-2009, 12:04 PM
I'm going to try Travers tomorrow afternoon. Never been there before. Can anybody give me directions from Calgary. Where is the best place to put a boat in?
Thanks.

Super Easy to find...

Take the #2 South, then Go EAST on the #529 and it takes you right to the Little Bow Provincial Park. Dual Boat launch and lot's of parking and no cost for day use (launch, etc..).

Enjoy !

/FC...

Mudslide
07-12-2009, 01:52 AM
Thanks. I went down there today and found Little Bow Prov park no problem. Trolled bottom bouncers along the drop off by the North Spillway with limited success and then jigged in the channel and did OK; mostly smaller walleye. Nice to see several year cl*****.