PDA

View Full Version : Severn Dam. Question

mrcrossbow
08-23-2019, 06:30 PM
So I have my yearly visit with my son tomorrow and he wants to go fishing. He's in Calgary so I need drive there and get him then go out for the day. Googled fishing areas in Calgary area that arnt busy, ie not many if any ppl on week days and Severn Dam poped up. Is the fishing any good there. Is the shore line not to steep for a younger kid. And is there alot gophers around the lake. Have a guilty pleasure of gophers and my slingshot or bow. Normally I'd take him to Bragg Creek area but was so many ppl last yr wanted to try different area. If any other areas please let me know.. With in a hrs drive of Calgary. Limited time as only a day with my son so a hrs drive gives us more time to hang out doing stuff. Thanks guys or lady's for any info on Severn Dam or other areas.

kinwahkly
08-23-2019, 09:18 PM
Easy access to the water. There is a dock as well. Can get a bit busy on weekends as campers line the shore line. Not sure about how the fishing has been .

mrcrossbow
08-24-2019, 12:12 AM
Great. Thank you.

tallieho
08-24-2019, 06:58 AM
You might want to check Ab.Health site or mywildalberta for blue green algae warnings..