PDA

View Full Version : Calgary fishing stores

Big Racks
09-04-2019, 12:02 PM
Heading out to Sheridan Lake Friday for a 4-5 day trip and want to get some new lead core on a couple of reels before I go. With The Fishing Hole closed for their big move, where's my best bet? I'm new to the area, and am located just off Stoney and Centre St, so either Cabelas or Bass Pro are fairly close. I know they're one and the same, but is one better than the other at having items in stock when it comes to fishing gear? Is one counter better than the other at rigging up reels? Just want to make sure they're strung up properly.

dsoucy
09-04-2019, 12:12 PM
I would try cabelas first then off to bass pro. I do find that i have problems finding what i need and end up walking out with nothing if you have the time you might want to order it online to the store or to your house.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Big Racks
09-04-2019, 12:22 PM
I would try cabelas first then off to bass pro. I do find that i have problems finding what i need and end up walking out with nothing if you have the time you might want to order it online to the store or to your house.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Thanks, that's the way I was leaning as well. Mostly to get in and out before traffic starts to build this afternoon, BP is far enough out. Unfortunately the trip is sort of last minute and I was just going through my gear last night making sure I had everything and noticed my line was looking a little worse for wear, not enough time to have it brought in as I'm hitting the road early Friday AM.