PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of Parson outboards?

V45 sabre
09-05-2019, 11:47 AM
See one for sale on kijiji and wondering if anyone has firsthand experience with them.

TROLLER
09-06-2019, 02:31 PM
If it is a motor that will leave you high and dry on the lake then go ahead and buy that POS

Been dead in the water twice with a friend who bought one. After that I just always was busy when he was wanting to go. He now has a Merc.

My advise stay away. BTW if I remember they are made in India and seem to think that they are equivalent to the yamaha. LOL

fordtruckin
09-06-2019, 03:14 PM
If it is a motor that will leave you high and dry on the lake then go ahead and buy that POS

Been dead in the water twice with a friend who bought one. After that I just always was busy when he was wanting to go. He now has a Merc.

My advise stay away. BTW if I remember they are made in India and seem to think that they are equivalent to the yamaha. LOL

http://www.parsun.us/about-us/

These guys?? It appears US Japanese Chinese venture not Indian. I’d read reviews personally and see what people think of them. I don’t hear much about Tohatsu but if you see how many small tiller style motors are made by them you could spend way more $$ for a brand name to get the same machine.

TROLLER
09-06-2019, 05:39 PM
Thats kinda funny.

Tohatsu makes all Tohatsu, Nissan and Merc outboards 50HP and under. A great motor.

timbo
09-08-2019, 09:27 AM
If you buy a little known brand where are you going to get parts and service ? If you are on a trip and something goes wrong the local guy will tell you you have to go to Calgary for service .

EZM
09-10-2019, 04:35 PM
If you buy a little known brand where are you going to get parts and service ? If you are on a trip and something goes wrong the local guy will tell you you have to go to Calgary for service .

Parsun is a Chinese bad copy of the small Tohatsu/Nissan (branded mercury in US and Canada). The Tohastsu/Nissans/Mercs are, at best an average brand approaching mediocre quality .......... not sure what a bad copy of a mediocre motor will yield for the consumer ......... other than headaches and dispointment.

Anyhow ....

I've heard only bad reviews on them so far, so my advice is to steer clear and remember the old adage "I can't afford to buy cheap things twice"

pikergolf
09-10-2019, 05:44 PM
Parsun is a Chinese bad copy of the small Tohatsu/Nissan (branded mercury in US and Canada). The Tohastsu/Nissans/Mercs are, at best an average brand approaching mediocre quality .......... not sure what a bad copy of a mediocre motor will yield for the consumer ......... other than headaches and dispointment.

Anyhow ....

I've heard only bad reviews on them so far, so my advice is to steer clear and remember the old adage "I can't afford to buy cheap things twice"

I had an uncle who's saying was, poor people can't afford to buy cheap stuff.

Buckhead
09-10-2019, 06:21 PM
If I was in the market for a new small outboard or kicker I would be buying a Suzuki with EFI