PDA

View Full Version : Tube Jig Survey

Egymcara
09-06-2019, 09:26 AM
Hello! Just doing some market research and would like feedback from fisherman. These questions relate to tube jigs only.

Question 1: Lure weight preferred in ounces: 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 3/4, 1, 1-1/2, 2?
Question 2: Lure Size preferred in inches: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ?
Question 3: Lure Color(s) most desired?
Question 4: Do you use tube jigs mostly in summer, winter, both, never?
Question 5: In order of importance (highest-lowest), how would you value these terms:
-Price point, Quality, Appearance, Functionality.

I appreciate your time and responses!

EZM
09-10-2019, 04:26 PM
Hello! Just doing some market research and would like feedback from fisherman. These questions relate to tube jigs only.

Question 1: Lure weight preferred in ounces: 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 3/4, 1, 1-1/2, 2?
Question 2: Lure Size preferred in inches: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ?
Question 3: Lure Color(s) most desired?
Question 4: Do you use tube jigs mostly in summer, winter, both, never?
Question 5: In order of importance (highest-lowest), how would you value these terms:
-Price point, Quality, Appearance, Functionality.

I appreciate your time and responses!

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Yes
4) Yes
5) Quality of hook, followed by quality of rubber ...

The reason I answered "yes" to your very specific questions is, most fisherman will want various sizes/weights and colors of any lure like this depending on the species they are targeting and what depths they want/need for different times of the year.

If I had to pick just one size/weight/color and season to use a tube, it would be a white tube, 1.5 oz, 3-4" for use to jig lakers through the ice.

I also like a small black, 1/4 oz, 1" tube for perch also through the ice.

trigger7mm
09-11-2019, 08:25 AM
When I fish for smallmouth bass, my go to tube is a 3” pumpkinseed. I am looking for a very good quality hook, that fits the tube body well. I also like a very soft tube body, with long tentacles. 3/8 oz. is an average good weight.