PDA

View Full Version : Spot to fling some arrows.

Big Lou
09-11-2019, 06:10 PM
Working nights down at Joffre for the next six weeks. Staying in Lacombe. Pretty skinny on finding a place to shoot down this way. There’s a club SW of Red Deer but quite aways out of my way in the afternoon. Knocked on a few doors in the last couple days asking to shoot in hay fields or empty pasture. No takers yet. I see there’s an ACA site NE of Lacombe that wouldn’t be all that bad of a drive to employ, but again in the wrong direction for my travel. Beggars can’t be choosers I suppose.

Any ideas from fellow archers in the area? I need to stay in form so I can hit the ground running when this project wraps up.

510-Gem
09-11-2019, 08:14 PM
Buy a target and go find a quiet road allowance somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeadEyeGardner
09-11-2019, 09:25 PM
X2 ^^

A new or used target would be totally cost friendly. If you can’t find crown land or a dead end road allowance to shoot on... I’d be worried about more than just your form come hunting time.

DeadEyeGardner
09-11-2019, 09:30 PM
A quick look at I hunter and there’s a few grazing leases just NE of lacombe.

Kurt505
09-11-2019, 09:33 PM
I see JJ Collett Natural Area is just 3 miles northeast of Lacombe, I’m not sure what the regulations are in that area but it might be worth a google. Grab a target and giver!

Big Lou
09-11-2019, 10:17 PM
I see JJ Collett Natural Area is just 3 miles northeast of Lacombe, I’m not sure what the regulations are in that area but it might be worth a google. Grab a target and giver!

Yeah, checked into that one already and it’s a different sort of access allowance there Kurt. Couple leases yes. I am packing a target fellas. It rides with me all season. Received a kind PM from a fellow member here who invited me to shoot on his acres near by.