PDA

View Full Version : any one interested in a day heli fishing

zabbo
07-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Our third person for a heli trip canceled like very last minute. :(

I know this real fast and not real cheap for one day but......

Here's the deal:

$200 each for the ride in and back out (Helicopter of course!)

depart approx. 07:00 we can return when we wish but last flight in is around 19:00

We can get a room suitable for three single persons at David Thompson Resort which is right where the heli pad is $130 / night

may be some additional charge for gear $2 / pound, but I believe there are some allowances for basic stuff

we're looking at Wed. July 15 because that seems to be the best weather in next day or 4 (at least according to the latest forecast for that area)

I know this is fast and a little pricy. I have wanted to do this for a couple years now and if we don't find a third person it may get put off for another year :tongue2:

if you are interested please PM me soon as you can!!

oh yeah catch of the day is supposed to be cuts and bulls

Steve

baitfisher83
07-12-2009, 02:12 PM
i wish that would be so cool.....but i'm scared of heights and dont have the casj :(

fishman
07-12-2009, 04:30 PM
david thompson resort is that in between jasper and banff and where are u flying into if i may ask

zabbo
07-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Yes I guess it is kind of
check the add in the regs Page 3 icefield heli

Right around Nordegg on Hwy. 11
We can go in to landslide lake or lake of the falls for the prices mentioned

They do fly into other lakes but of course the cost goes up

Steve

fishman
07-12-2009, 06:50 PM
Yes I guess it is kind of
check the add in the regs Page 3 icefield heli

Right around Nordegg on Hwy. 11
We can go in to landslide lake or lake of the falls for the prices mentioned

They do fly into other lakes but of course the cost goes up

Steve

I gather this is shore fishing and u cannot bring your tube in with u,how much weight can you bring in with you......if things are right i might be intreted

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
07-12-2009, 07:05 PM
Ah man I did this a few years back your looking at one hell of a trip . Wish I could join .

zabbo
07-12-2009, 09:34 PM
I gather this is shore fishing and u cannot bring your tube in with u,how much weight can you bring in with you......if things are right i might be intreted

As I understand it you can bring your motor boat if you are willing to pay the weight charges ( don't think you want to ). They will fly gear for the day including belly boat or they will fly camping gear for as long as you wish to stay. If you search the posts you will find a querry I put out awhile back. Think there was one person had some sort of beef with the outfit but every other response seemed very positive!
I Pm'd Thumper and he said they had flown two belly boats in but they only made use of one. That said he was at a different lake. However from what I understand many people just fish from shore. I plan to take waders myself (already sprayed down at the local car wash). Garth and I would probably try to leave Calgary around 14:00 to 15:00 Tues. fish Wed., then drive home Wed. night. That will be a long day for sure, but well worth it if the fishing is even a little bit good!!!

Steve

bluewingedolive
07-13-2009, 03:41 PM
If you are going to Landslide shore fishing is great... just slide a fly down one of the little inlet creeks and as soon as it hits the lake cuts come out of the dark and hit it. I don't know if waders will be of much use. Hike over to Entry lake if you want real fun.

hockeyfish
07-13-2009, 10:59 PM
i go to dtr alot..but i only fished the cline