PDA

View Full Version : Heading to highway 24 BC

Heff
09-22-2019, 01:00 PM
Hey guys , me and a couple guys are heading to highway 24 next week for 4 days , we are staying at eagle island resort on lac des Roches . This will be our first time fishing in the area . We will be equipped with fly rods , full sink lines , floating lines , spin cast and reels with leadcore and long leaders . We will also have smaller boats with electric motors capable for setting up still water fishing. We are thinking of fishing lac des Roches , crystal , maybe Irish , fawn , French , any other lakes we should we concentrate at ?! I’ve printed out stocking reports and the depth charts , looking to target rainbows , if there was one lake you would definitely fish , what one would it be ?

fsa313
09-22-2019, 02:25 PM
Fawn

Heff
09-22-2019, 02:54 PM
Fawn

Thank you ! Looking forward to it

badger
09-22-2019, 03:17 PM
Leech fly patterns on Fawn will be effective in the fall, troll at slow speed so the fly is within 3 feet of bottom. Also a "Brent's Premier" is my general go to fly on Fawn, especially in the shallow end.

Heff
09-22-2019, 04:26 PM
Leech fly patterns on Fawn will be effective in the fall, troll at slow speed so the fly is within 3 feet of bottom. Also a "Brent's Premier" is my general go to fly on Fawn, especially in the shallow end.

Thanks for the tip ! What is a Brent’s premier fly pattern ?!

johnny2
09-23-2019, 12:17 PM
We had our best luck @ Crystal, depending on the time of year or even time of day, they can all be great ! Hammer & Sharpe can be really good. Sharpe has a small footprint but over 100 ft depth, Big fish ! Lost Horse Lake has tons of fish & 0 angling pressure due to about a 12 km goat trail just wide enough for a vehicle but passable. Good Luck

Heff
09-23-2019, 12:35 PM
We had our best luck @ Crystal, depending on the time of year or even time of day, they can all be great ! Hammer & Sharpe can be really good. Sharpe has a small footprint but over 100 ft depth, Big fish ! Lost Horse Lake has tons of fish & 0 angling pressure due to about a 12 km goat trail just wide enough for a vehicle but passable. Good Luck

Hey thanks a lot for the info !

Kingfisher
09-25-2019, 09:27 PM
Boatman patterns this time are a must this time of year. I'd also use a gomphus and a scud. Chronomids are a go to in some of the lakes. Size 12 or 14. White bead head Black with a red rib. Green with a red butt, and white bead head. Definitely, bring some black and some green leech patterns. That should fill your box up and give you some success.

Fawn is certainly a go to. So many lakes up there to choose from. There is really no bad choice. Lorin, Needa, Donnely, Bowers are a few good ones wet a line.

Tight lines.

Deep
09-26-2019, 08:48 AM
Black or green leeches are great fly choices and in the hardware department- Mepps syclops in assorted colors worked very well also.