PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in/near Edmonton

Geezle
07-12-2009, 08:43 PM
Tomorrow it's looking like I may end up getting rained out of work.

If this does happen, I was thinking of heading somewhere nearby to toss a hook into the water for a while. I've been out to the NSR at Devon a couple times but had no luck, so I was thinking about maybe staying within the city and perhaps even hitting one of the stocked trout ponds in the city (fishing in the city doesn't have a huge appeal for me, but something's better than nothing!)

I've been skunked the few times I've been out this year, so I really just want to get somewhere I can catch SOMEthing.

So if you were in my situation, what would you do?

thorne
07-12-2009, 09:02 PM
few quick solutions are definately cardiff trout pond just 1/2 hour north and I have been 3 times this year and always caught fish, use panther martins tipped with worm or floating power bait 2 feet off the bottom. As for the NSR usually pretty good just east of the Capaliano Bridge. approach from the north, park on the west side on the south shore in the turn off there, walk under the bridge and folow the path down the hill and fish down stream of the outflow on the beachy area there. Use minnows, or cast mepps spinners. That would be my two fast bets. Good luck!!

Geezle
07-12-2009, 09:18 PM
few quick solutions are definately cardiff trout pond just 1/2 hour north and I have been 3 times this year and always caught fish, use panther martins tipped with worm or floating power bait 2 feet off the bottom. As for the NSR usually pretty good just east of the Capaliano Bridge. approach from the north, park on the west side on the south shore in the turn off there, walk under the bridge and folow the path down the hill and fish down stream of the outflow on the beachy area there. Use minnows, or cast mepps spinners. That would be my two fast bets. Good luck!!

Awesome, this is exactly the kind of info I was hoping to get!

Tackle suggestions are also greatly appreciated. I'm just getting back into fishing, so my tackle box is currently pretty empty, so if there are specific lures I should try there's a good chance I may have to pick them up ahead of time.

I'm also in the south end of the city, if that makes any difference. If it's a rainy day it's always a little nicer to stay close to home, though Cardiff pond isn't too far away :)

Geezle
07-13-2009, 06:51 AM
Well, it looks like the rain is going to hold off for today, so I guess I'm heading off to work :(

Tomorrow's still looking like rain though, so if I'm lucky maybe I'll get rained out of work then. In the meantime, please keep the suggestions coming!