PDA

View Full Version : Minn Kota Question

TROLLER
09-25-2019, 06:23 PM
Just purchased a good used Power Drive V2 55 with auto pilot

I want to install the co pilot and wondering if it may be an issue because of the auto pilot. Auto is push button not remote. I really want the remote that comes with co pilot.

Any info is appreciated.

Poppa
09-26-2019, 10:26 AM
Just purchased a good used Power Drive V2 55 with auto pilot

I want to install the co pilot and wondering if it may be an issue because of the auto pilot. Auto is push button not remote. I really want the remote that comes with co pilot.

Any info is appreciated.

So I just bought a used boat that had the 70lb with auto-pilot, and they bought the co-pilot as an add-on, and it works great! We've only had it out once, but it's really good. Best trolling experience of my life. Now, having said that, I'm still thinking of getting NavPro (www.NavProMarine.com) which would give me, essentially, iPilot on a Power Drive (normally you have to have a Terrova to get iPilot)

So, short story long, yes you can connect the Co-Pilot to your MK with auto pilot!

dodgeboy1979
09-26-2019, 11:58 AM
So I just bought a used boat that had the 70lb with auto-pilot, and they bought the co-pilot as an add-on, and it works great! We've only had it out once, but it's really good. Best trolling experience of my life. Now, having said that, I'm still thinking of getting NavPro (www.NavProMarine.com) which would give me, essentially, iPilot on a Power Drive (normally you have to have a Terrova to get iPilot)

So, short story long, yes you can connect the Co-Pilot to your MK with auto pilot!

you can purchase the i-pilot for the power drive v2 and install easily. I did that on my 55lb unit and i works great.

Poppa
09-26-2019, 12:36 PM
you can purchase the i-pilot for the power drive v2 and install easily. I did that on my 55lb unit and i works great.Hmmmm...I didn't realize that. I thought I had to have a whole new motor. I'll have to poke my head around Cabelas and see what the scoop is on that. Thanks!

TROLLER
09-26-2019, 03:08 PM

I phoned Minn Kota and was told if I wanted I pilot I had to remove auto. Not a big deal. I can easy install co pilot and still have the ability to use the auto pilot. Great deal for me.

TROLLER
09-29-2019, 04:24 PM
Hmmmm...I didn't realize that. I thought I had to have a whole new motor. I'll have to poke my head around Cabelas and see what the scoop is on that. Thanks!

The scoop is $500