PDA

View Full Version : Chain lakes south of Longview

Jimm
09-26-2019, 09:37 AM
Has anyone tried trolling for trout at chain lakes, if so what king of a set up did you use, hook, bait, willow leaf, depth etc.

TROLLER
09-26-2019, 03:10 PM
I like using a spoon on a sinking fly line. You can use the willow leaf with a spinnner or just a worm or corn. Not really that deep a lake so if you target fish in the 8-10 depth you should do just fine.

Kingfisher
09-26-2019, 09:12 PM
I've only used flies there and done really well. Usually a black or green micro leech.

I tied a fly called a fly called a Green Weenie. It was as a joke for a buddy who is always joking around. Well he just slayed them on it. I was so disappointed that it worked as well as it did. You can Google it.

Gillfisher
09-27-2019, 07:22 AM
I troll for trout in Chain usually with success. I always use a willow leaf with a wedding band. Add a couple of small weights to get it down the water column a bit. Power bait works well if you can keep it on the wedding band hook. Worms also work.

roper1
09-27-2019, 07:31 PM
Had good success with just a little Panther Martin. Stopped there last Tues with my pickup the dock is pulled up on shore but both launches are open. Water level looks good, go catch a few before there's ice. Good luck!

Xbolt7mm
09-27-2019, 07:48 PM
Had good success with just a little Panther Martin. Stopped there last Tues with my pickup the dock is pulled up on shore but both launches are open. Water level looks good, go catch a few before there's ice. Good luck!

I was gunna go on sunday but i got cold filling up my truck today lol