PDA

View Full Version : stolen items

hunterbyheart
10-10-2019, 06:13 PM
posted in the general forum, but I thought I would post it here, as well.

I know this is a long shot, but I am hoping someone sees something…

My son had his vehicle broken into, and much of his bow hunting gear stolen. Most of the items stolen were presents for his recent graduation or birthday. He was hoping to hunt tonight, after work, so he left the items in the vehicle It will be a hard lesson for him, and he’s pretty devastated about it. He just started bow hunting and managed to harvest his first deer this past week.

If any of you are cruising the buy and sell pages on different websites, can you keep an eye out for these items and message me if anything pops? I’m not sure how we would recover them, but we would pass the info on to the RCMP. We’re located in Coalhurst (near Lethbridge) but the items could end up anywhere. Thanks for looking.

Stolen items include:
RH Bear Cruzer Bow (sand colour)
Vortex 850 Range Finder (green)
Vortex Crossfire Binoculars (camo)
Other, less descript items: SOG gear back pack, hunting knife, saw, arrows, release, camo coat, another camo backpack full of dress clothes

coxy95
10-10-2019, 06:36 PM
That’s brutal. I hope you get his stuff back

Cageyc
10-10-2019, 08:22 PM
Don’t forget to check out the pawnshops

hunterbyheart
10-11-2019, 10:17 PM
UPDATE!
Many of my son's items have been recovered. His range finder and clothing are gone, but he got most of the other stuff back.

The police found a guy in possession of my son's license and tags, which, obviously, didn't belong to him. So they were able to arrest him and recover many of the stolen items. We thought that it was a lost cause, but are incredibly grateful that he has back as much as he does. He has his chin up again!

Another part of this ordeal... fred1, having figured out who my son was (in the post in the general section), stopped by at my son's jobsite today and lent him a bow for the remainder of season. What an incredible gesture! Thanks fred1! He will drop it back off as soon as possible.

HBH

RZR
10-12-2019, 07:31 AM
That’s good to hear, now I hope he learned a lesson about leaving his valuables in his vehicle!

Full Curl Earl
10-12-2019, 10:20 AM
The lesson was Hope. Glad your boy gets to enjoy the season. Missing even 1 of the 65 we likely will get, is a shame.
Always a Dooochy comment in you RZR.

RZR
10-12-2019, 12:09 PM
The lesson was Hope. Glad your boy gets to enjoy the season. Missing even 1 of the 65 we likely will get, is a shame.
Always a Dooochy comment in you RZR.

Why? I think we’ve all learned lessons the hard way.

Dean2
10-12-2019, 12:35 PM
Glad they caught the skell and that your boy got most of his stuff back. It really sucks that nothing is safe, even locked in the house it isn't. Ten to one the creep methhead gets a bigger sentence for using someone else's hunting license than he gets for stealing the stuff. Cops work their butts off to catch these guys and the courts turn them loose. True catch and release. Too bad the hooking mortality rate isn't a whole bunch higher.

conner
10-17-2019, 10:57 PM
Glad they caught the skell and that your boy got most of his stuff back. It really sucks that nothing is safe, even locked in the house it isn't. Ten to one the creep methhead gets a bigger sentence for using someone else's hunting license than he gets for stealing the stuff. Cops work their butts off to catch these guys and the courts turn them loose. True catch and release. Too bad the hooking mortality rate isn't a whole bunch higher.
I Agree The police are always the ones that get the blame but is our **** system that fails Them!!

kropsbone
11-13-2019, 09:38 AM
That sucks to hear,same thing happened to me when I
Was in my 20s. Up side is he can claim it on insurance, my stuff was over 3,000 so I claimed it.

kropsbone
11-13-2019, 09:39 AM
Sorry , just read last post , good to hear

Albertadiver
11-13-2019, 09:47 AM
UPDATE!
Many of my son's items have been recovered. His range finder and clothing are gone, but he got most of the other stuff back.

The police found a guy in possession of my son's license and tags, which, obviously, didn't belong to him. So they were able to arrest him and recover many of the stolen items. We thought that it was a lost cause, but are incredibly grateful that he has back as much as he does. He has his chin up again!

Another part of this ordeal... fred1, having figured out who my son was (in the post in the general section), stopped by at my son's jobsite today and lent him a bow for the remainder of season. What an incredible gesture! Thanks fred1! He will drop it back off as soon as possible.

HBH

Nice to hear a positive update for a change. Nothing boils my blood more than theft.

Too bad the tweaker will probably be back on the streets by now.