PDA

View Full Version : Point Blank Buck

coyoteman
10-16-2019, 07:55 AM
Area 212,presents many challenges,for the bow hunter.1st off you have to get permission from farmers,who have many requests.Deer are well hunted and very allert.The last snow I saw some good tracks,in a small area of brush and trees.Yesterday with a good breeze in the face,I was slowly walking the edge,with an arrow notched.Then not more than 25 or 30 ft a good size buck.At full draw,there was a small bunch of twigs in the way of the kill zone.He slowly turned and we were eye to eye,He snorted, and bolted---Darn-such is the life of the bow hunter.

Zip
10-16-2019, 09:25 AM
I guess just like Maxwell Smart secret agent 86 would say..."missed it by that much"
Maybe next time the firing lane will be open for you...good luck on your season!
Zip:)

coyoteman
10-16-2019, 03:18 PM
I guess just like Maxwell Smart secret agent 86 would say..."missed it by that much"
Maybe next time the firing lane will be open for you...good luck on your season!
Zip:)
Yes ,thats the truth--I never walked up an abuck that close before--Didnt want to risk a wounding, with a deflected arrow--Saw some does in the area,good scrapes.The answer of course,Tree stand time--Let those does walk by--Lover boy--he will be back.