PDA

View Full Version : Please help a dad/husband keep the family happy

Warpin
07-15-2009, 09:24 PM
Good day all,
Trying very hard to keep the family happy, and need some advice. Anyone know of any place we can all go where there is:
-shore fishing,
-a playground for my little guy (for when he gets tired of catching all dads fish),
-and a day use area or picnic area with fire/BBQ pits?

I don't mind what kind of fish there are, but would like something that keeps the kids interested, and something for me too!!

Would prefer no more than an hours drive from Edmonton, but all suggestions appreciated in advance.

Thanks all!

tonyflyfish
07-15-2009, 09:27 PM
peanut lake-no playground but large grassy area, fire pits and a nice dock-trout

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
07-15-2009, 09:31 PM
Where in the province are you .

Deano
07-15-2009, 10:40 PM
Where in the province are you .

Since he requsted "no more than an hours drive from Edmonton", I think he is either in Lethbridge or Edmonton.

Deano

fishman
07-15-2009, 10:52 PM
Carson lake is about 2 hours but has all of the above, great for the young family and they can catch fish, they have a sandy beach area for swimming and u can lots of small fish...........(small fish that is why i don't go there but alot of people love the lake) i have no young family so i go for solitude and bigggggggggggggggg fish...............lol

zouzou123
07-15-2009, 10:56 PM
Hasse lake. Its around 50 minute drive from edmonton. it has a fishing dock where you can catch perch/ trout. it has a a playground and swings for kids, and BBQ pits.
enjoy

Agb Crash
07-15-2009, 11:25 PM
Wizard lake, great beach, playgound and cast for pike from shore. Fishing is slow but all other facilites make up for it.

moonyrat
07-16-2009, 12:20 AM
hasse or wizard are good choices:)

buckmaster
07-16-2009, 12:30 AM
Hasse lake. Its around 50 minute drive from edmonton. it has a fishing dock where you can catch perch/ trout. it has a a playground and swings for kids, and BBQ pits.
enjoy

x2, very nice place for kids!

FishHound
07-16-2009, 12:57 AM
Cardiff park has a playground; day use area; fire pits and trout and perch in the pond. - 20 minutes north of Edmonton near Morinville

Jayball
07-16-2009, 11:16 AM
Head to the big ma me o beach and wharf at Pigeon Lake. The water is still a bit clear so you can still see the fish... I have caught many pike and wallys with my kids there. Huge public beach... very shallow water... ice cream stand... and enough gararge sales to keep the wife happy for hours.

Approx 1hour from edmonton south on highway two... just follow signs.

Good luck.