PDA

View Full Version : chain lakes camp site

PoorTurtle
07-16-2009, 10:46 AM
I am off to Christina lake B.C. on sunday and was thinking of spending the night at Chain Lakes. Never been there and just want to know about the camping there. what time would the gates close incase I (I mean the Wife) is running late. can I get wood there? which end is the camp site at. is there any other camping spots closer to hwy 3. or blairmore if I am makeing good time.

70chevy
07-16-2009, 01:18 PM
The campground is on the south end where you first enter the park,I dont think they shut the gates but could be wrong on that one.Only firepits are the group ones and they supply the firewood.As for anywhere else on # 22 I think lumbreck falls would be the next one enroute unless you wanted to travel in to the forestry.

dmckay
07-16-2009, 01:59 PM
PoorTurtle. Do you have a spot reserved at Christina Lake? I was there a few weeks ago and everything was taken already or booked in the provincial campground. There are other campgrounds, but DON'T stay at Cascade Cove!!!!

duceman
07-16-2009, 02:01 PM
there is an overnite spot to camp at the old man river crossing on hwy 22. it is on the north side of the river, before you get to the gas station.
hiawathwa campground is on the south side of #3, just after you turn off 22, its a bout 2 miles up the road.
then lundbreck falls. lee.

The DragonSlayer
07-17-2009, 06:53 AM
Chinook/Allison is just off HiWay 3 as you pass Coleman. Very nice campground. No power. Pump water. CLEAN outhouses. Lots of fishing in the area.
http://www.rockymountaincamping.ca/
http://gateway.cd.gov.ab.ca/searchparks.aspx

PoorTurtle
07-17-2009, 09:12 AM
yes we have a site booked in Christina lake. It is very hard to find sites there if you dont book months or a year in advance.
thank for the extra camping locations. going to bypass chains and get closer to crowsnest. cant wait to hit the road

bowness
07-19-2009, 09:53 AM
Was at chinook last week. Stayed on one of the sites down on the lake, really nice. Lake is really low and I saw lots of dead fish on shore. Something is killing them, probably low oxygen or temp. They must have restocked it cause is has lots of small rainbows.

Springer
07-19-2009, 10:06 AM
Poor Turtle we have a lot at Christina lake and i go every year.You know along the way if you turned at Chain lakes head west go over the pass and down to the thrunk road there is some great camping along the Livingstone and great fishn. While at Christina fish the lake for bass,the kettle for Rainbows and if if you backtrack to trail or castlegar you can fish the Columbia. We don't leave until August 3rd. Have a good time Eh!