PDA

View Full Version : Sask lakes ice fishing

skawtty
11-12-2019, 06:07 PM
Anyone have any lakes in Sask that you goto ice fishing? I am wanting to go for a few days this year for walleye, Pike and perch. Looking for lakes up to 4hr drive. Also if you know of lodges or places to stay there as well. Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

35 whelen
11-12-2019, 06:24 PM
Ain't too much within a 4-Hour Drive of Edmonton

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

skawtty
11-12-2019, 07:17 PM
Ya was hoping I missed something when looking on places to go within 4 hrs. Heard Green Lake was good which is 4 hrs but haven't heard much on that place.

Esox
11-13-2019, 06:16 AM
Ya was hoping I missed something when looking on places to go within 4 hrs. Heard Green Lake was good which is 4 hrs but haven't heard much on that place.

green is more like 5 or 5.5 depending where in Edmonton you live. its 2-2.5 to Lloyd and then another 2.5 to green.

SamSteele
11-13-2019, 09:36 AM
You could look into either Canoe or Waterhen, north of Meadow Lake. They would likely be more like 4.5 - 5.5 hrs though. Any of the lakes in the Meadow Lake provincial park have the species you are looking for. I was always partial to Rusty and the Mustus chain for pike. Flotten was a good destination for walleye. For perch we went to Pagan or Boire north of the pulp mill east of Meadow Lake.

Waterhen, Canoe, and Green will have lodges where you can rent accommodations. Flotten may as well. It's been a while since I was there. All the others would be day trips from Meadow.

skawtty
11-13-2019, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the info guys. [emoji106]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Bushmaster
11-13-2019, 05:45 PM
Be aware Canoe closes March 1st.

Hunter1993
11-13-2019, 05:57 PM
Last mountain lake. I fish there quite often , I suggest coming earlier , gets slow later on in the winter, can be tricky finding the fish but once you do it’s awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35 whelen
11-13-2019, 05:59 PM
Last mountain lake. I fish there quite often , I suggest coming earlier , gets slow later on in the winter, can be tricky finding the fish but once you do it’s awesome

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI could name a hundred lakes that are 7 hours from Edmonton.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

pikeman06
11-13-2019, 07:06 PM
Pierce is pretty good after xmas for Lakers. You can keep two and the 3 to 5 lbers are delicious smoked. Putting the big greasy girls back instead of whacking them over heads seems to work in Saskatchewan for maintaining a healthy population You can keep a walleye for supper there too and decent pike in the shallower areas. Bring your flasher for the lake trout. Sometimes they are quite high in the water column.

220 Swift
11-13-2019, 08:28 PM
Pierce is pretty good after xmas for Lakers. You can keep two and the 3 to 5 lbers are delicious smoked. Putting the big greasy girls back instead of whacking them over heads seems to work in Saskatchewan for maintaining a healthy population You can keep a walleye for supper there too and decent pike in the shallower areas. Bring your flasher for the lake trout. Sometimes they are quite high in the water column.

Interesting. I thought they were always down deep

buschy03
11-14-2019, 07:33 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last Mountain is probably close to 8 hours away from Edmonton, and it wasnt even close to being froze over 2 weeks ago,,,

pikeman06
11-14-2019, 06:48 PM
Interesting. I thought they were always down deep relatively speaking.... I get lots 20 to 30 ft down in 70 or 80 ft of water. Put something with some pink on it will help too.