PDA

View Full Version : Any help on where to catch Sturgeon on the S Sask. in Med Hat?

Remi3006
07-16-2009, 11:38 PM
Wondering if someone can throw me a solid and tell me any good spots to fish for Sturgeon on the south sask. river in Med. Hat..? Thanks!

madatter
07-17-2009, 08:24 AM
Got a few spots but ya need a jet to get to em.....

Remi3006
07-17-2009, 06:16 PM
Thanks anyway buddy!

Walleyes
07-17-2009, 07:20 PM
Got a couple for yah.. But keep in mind it has been rather slow lately but with this high water I expect it to pick up.

Strathcona Park rite off the picnic area.
The Red Cliff pump house (always a good spot)
Under the bridge rite on the trans Canada ( a very popular spot)
The Drowning Ford ( this one is about a 30min drive from town but it can be a gooder to )

Just do some asking around town if you don't know where these spots are and people will direct you in the rite direction.... Good luck..

300magman
07-19-2009, 03:18 PM
you could try going anywhere the hazco guys go...there the best fisherman and hunters i know so an amateur like you could learn alot from them

Fishfinder
07-19-2009, 09:51 PM
Heard the bite for sturg is on lately. Provided the gods don't cry tonight, gonna hit the S.S. riv tomorrow(5a.m.) if u wanna join us. Me n a buddy fishin till the sun hurts. P.m if u wanna join. Welcome to come along. Cheers!

madatter
07-20-2009, 03:06 PM
Got a couple for yah.. But keep in mind it has been rather slow lately but with this high water I expect it to pick up.

Strathcona Park rite off the picnic area.
The Red Cliff pump house (always a good spot)
Under the bridge rite on the trans Canada ( a very popular spot)
The Drowning Ford ( this one is about a 30min drive from town but it can be a gooder to )

Just do some asking around town if you don't know where these spots are and people will direct you in the rite direction.... Good luck..

You can get a sturgeon practically anywhere on the river when flows are up but once it drops good they are hard to come by....except with the jet boat.
After getting spoiled with a jet it's hard to sit along shore hoping for a biggie to come along:cry:

e40water12
07-20-2009, 04:13 PM
I usually fish the NSR central Area, AB, Deveray Bridge, I usally just use minnows on pickler rig. Or some raw hamburger in a roe sack, They go nuts over it. 4 weeks a go I caught 3 footer stergeon.