PDA

View Full Version : Epic Sight Fishing FAIL

Rikkles Fisher
11-24-2019, 12:58 PM
Wow this one hurts....those were some big fish!
https://youtu.be/Im1fw2axsKw

Rikkles Fisher
11-24-2019, 02:32 PM
Any good jigging techniques you guys know that make em commit let me know please and thank you!

Zanzibar
11-24-2019, 07:50 PM
I wouldn’t call it a fail. Pretty cool to see and play with fish that nice, without wondering if they were released ok.

Rikkles Fisher
11-24-2019, 08:01 PM
I wouldn’t call it a fail. Pretty cool to see and play with fish that nice, without wondering if they were released ok.

Well thanks! Glad you enjoyed the video and some good still came of this rough day lol

Zip-in-Z
11-24-2019, 08:57 PM
Those trout appear to be in a neutral/negative mood and not interested in your presentation, which could be a result of a number of factors from wind or weather/barometer, jigging action, size, color, scent or lack thereof.

Guessing bait is prohibited were you were fishin, when faced with those factor's, I try to downsize & slow things down and apply some finesse fishing techniques to trigger a strike, that may have improved your success.

At least you seen fish, nothing more disappointing than staring down a hole for hours and not seeing anything.

I enjoy your video's & wish you all the best over the 2019/2020 H-water season.

Cheers

David

highwood
11-24-2019, 11:19 PM
How are you marking these holes?

highwood
11-24-2019, 11:24 PM
Nvm, got to the end of the video. Good work

Rikkles Fisher
11-25-2019, 12:46 PM
Those trout appear to be in a neutral/negative mood and not interested in your presentation, which could be a result of a number of factors from wind or weather/barometer, jigging action, size, color, scent or lack thereof.

Guessing bait is prohibited were you were fishin, when faced with those factor's, I try to downsize & slow things down and apply some finesse fishing techniques to trigger a strike, that may have improved your success.

At least you seen fish, nothing more disappointing than staring down a hole for hours and not seeing anything.

I enjoy your video's & wish you all the best over the 2019/2020 H-water season.

Cheers

David
I also think that had alot to do with the slow bite! That and the wind was absolutely insane. Bait was allowed but was not working as strange as that sounds, this rattle bait was one of the last things left to try in my tackle box and it called in a few fish but not if it had a piece of bait on it lol Stange day but such is fishing! Thank you sir! Hopefully I can put out some good content this winter and best of luck to you as well.

TROLLER
11-25-2019, 04:25 PM
any good jigging techniques you guys know that make em commit let me know please and thank you!

chubby darter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rikkles Fisher
11-25-2019, 07:55 PM
chubby darter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got something similar to try! Il give it a shot.

fishpro
11-26-2019, 08:05 PM
Maybe try dropping down a balanced leech, seems to be a solid go to in lakes!

Rikkles Fisher
11-28-2019, 09:43 PM
Maybe try dropping down a balanced leech, seems to be a solid go to in lakes!

That's a great suggestion! I actually tried that with one of my favorite balanced leeches! Lol

AK47
11-29-2019, 04:27 PM
Marmish jig may have done the trick.

Rikkles Fisher
11-29-2019, 05:24 PM
Marmish jig may have done the trick.

Not sure what that is but I will check it out!

fluxcore
12-01-2019, 10:42 AM
Man it sucks driving into a hole like that.......... few years ago leaving gull lake we dropped the front tire in cut hole like this and had to get a tow. Sucked!!