PDA

View Full Version : What is with Cardirf

Mr.goldeye
07-17-2009, 12:07 PM
Is it just me or is cardiffs water level way down? Went there on Thursday and got skunked for the first time since I started going there. Usally I catch between 3 and 6 fish on dry flies right off the dock, but this time none of the fish were jumping over there. So I went to another part of the lake whre fish were jumping but all they were eating were gnats. Only 5 Bites THE WHOLE DAY:huh: Do the water levels always drop in Cardiff? Will they go back to normal? I noticed the same thing with Chickacoo.

robert
07-17-2009, 03:03 PM
Yeah, cardiff is way down, lowest i've ever seen but then again, alot of lakes are down on their water levels. Gonna take alot of rain to get them back up again...

keep in mind that the golf course uses water from the lake too....

as for flies, the olive beadhead wooly works best for me, and another one - tho I don't know the name - is a copper wound beadhead.

Sundancefisher
07-18-2009, 11:43 AM
Yeah, cardiff is way down, lowest i've ever seen but then again, alot of lakes are down on their water levels. Gonna take alot of rain to get them back up again...

keep in mind that the golf course uses water from the lake too....

as for flies, the olive beadhead wooly works best for me, and another one - tho I don't know the name - is a copper wound beadhead.

Cardiff is a series of collapsed coal mine shafts. There are a number of them throughout the area. Understanding the golf course draws water...without rain, evaporation will take the water level down by itself.